Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester 2.5 xt manual
1 Posts
starting problems

I have the same dam problem. Only difference is that it's been draging for a few years now. It usually happen's when the weather is at high humidex, but it doen't matter if it's a cold start or if the car is warm. I can stop for gas after a 2 hour drive on the highway, and the car has trouble starting! I brought my car to different Subaru garage and independent garages, but the problem is intermittent and doesn't happen while in the hands of a mechanic. actually, the car just seems to be reving below 1000 rpm before dying off and having trouble restarting for few minutes, just as if it was drowned. The car just doesn't take it's gas for a few seconds during starting. Anyway, to date they changed the plugs, checked the ignition wires and everything is fine to the say of the mechanic. I heard about the coil, but it seems it's expensive just for a trial... I signed up to this forum hoping somebody can help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.