Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 2.0 xt 5MT
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from a snowy Sweden.

I bought a 10 years old car with more than 20k kilometers. The summertires are worn out, same with the wintertires. There are dents and scratches both on the in- and outside. The seller still wanted 60k SEK for her! That's about 9.3k USD which is a poopload of money for any car of that age and mileage.

I had a long discussion with the man and we settled for 6.8k USD instead, which _still_ is a lot of money for any car of that age and milage.

And I have never been happier, what an awesome vehicle! Well... except the sound from the original speakers. So I changed them.

I'm satisfied with the position of the tweeters (considering I've never done these things before). Also tons of absorbant material in the doors helped.

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
Welcome Swebaru. Nice install. If you decide you want the tweeters nearer ear level Subaru do/did sell an upgrade kit that replaced the black triangular plastic piece near the door mirror with a triangular grille with a tweeter. Easy install, no idea if they are still available though. Some folks upgraded the kit with a better driver, I think.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts