Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
ugh x500000

so my 6 speed is gonna be put on hold for a bit. I just found out that our 08 f350 will need new turbos due to previous owners lack of maintenance:mad::cry::confused::mad:
We got the truck last year and have only put 5k miles on it. Have to lift the cab just to get to the darn things.

Now I know i have to sell my lifted loyale to fund the 6 speed swap

This is a bummer. Did they switch to a sequential set up for the 6.4L? I'm only familiar with the 7.3L and 6.0L with the turbo conveniently located on top of the motor. So the whole turbo assembly is now under the cab? that doesn't make inspecting the turbo easy at all.

How much is a new turbo assembly going to set you back?

Discussion starter · #23 ·
yeah its a sequential system and the cab has to come off to get access. The bill for that is $5250 including labor. Thankfully we got a warranty which should cover it. Dealing with the warranty company has been a pain though.

I am a little gunshy as I heard some noise coming from my engine which sounded like lifters. So I stopped at my mechanic and he confirmed that its valve noise and nothing to be concerned about.

I know these things come in waves so i was thinking the worst. We drove my forester down to childrens hospital 3 times last week for my daughters eye surgery and the forester did awesome in the 96 degree temps and rush hour traffic. I225 seems to suck at any time of the day but i25 was horrendous friday.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

I had a blast, and so did the kids. It was great to finally meet you in person, and I really enjoyed chatting it up about all things Forester with you and everyone there.

Reactions: armedequation
Discussion starter · #28 · (Edited)
so a little change in plans. i will be doing the school part in my forester but am doing the competition portion in a sprite! The sprite is race ready and I couldnt pass up the chance at real track time and racing!

big thank you to Myrl (mountain imports) and brandon (sumner automotive) for giving me the opportunity to race their car!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Classic car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
went out to high plains raceway today to check RMVR's "race against kids cancer". Ive been to circle track events when I was a kid but this was a whole different level.

There were mclaren race cars, porsches, rally bmw's, open wheels, a sunbeam tiger with a small block ford, vettes...and people were taking pictures of my fxt (im still not used to that).

Got to try on my race suit. Next comes building the sprite and getting it in racing shape. The plan is to race the sprite until we get all the safety stuff done to the fxt
Tent Vehicle Asphalt Building Car
Vehicle Transport Mode of transport Asphalt Car
Vehicle Car Floor Automotive exterior Bumper
Grassland Plain Ecoregion Rural area Landscape

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.