Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Hank Mccoy (07 wrb forester xt)

('06-'08) 
3K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  madamimadam 
#1 ·
so i went over what happened to my 05 fxt in my member introductions. Got stage 1 obxt and decided to sell it to get another forester. Rick at Superior Subie in portland had this one which had a bad motor. Guess the previous owner brought it to him with "engine problems". when rick told him what it cost to repair, i guess the owner never came back. So rick found out i was looking for one on usmb he offered to rebuild the motor and sell it to me

I had read Bobbys journal on here and have seen numerous pics of wrb foresters and i was sold! These were the only pics i had
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Rim
Auto part Engine Compact car

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
When it was done, I flew out to portland to pick it up. Rick was awesome to work with and has always been extremely helpful. I picked it up on December 6th amd promptly drove it back to colorado. In my previous experiences this wouldnt be a good idea but having seen Ricks work on USMB, i am glad i took the chance! made the drive back in 22 hours and the car performed flawlessly

I had ground level clouds that cause icy conditions in idaho. Little bit of snow in Utah. Wyoming was the worst with 70-80mph winds causing drifts on the highway. People were still trying to do 80 which led to quite a few accidents.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Family car
Windshield Vehicle Road Car Glass
Windscreen wiper Windshield Atmospheric phenomenon Auto part Glass
Transport Floor Asphalt Vehicle Flooring

#4 · (Edited)
Since having it at its new home, I got hakkapeliitta 8s for winter time and just put on konig myths for my summertimes wheels

ive had to replace the tail lights with a set from an 05 forester.

it got perrin front (24mm) and rear (22mm) sway bars and ive replaced the bushings on both with some fresh whitelines. I also replaced the kartboy endlink bushings. has strut tower braces front and rear and handles extremely well. looking forward to getting some good summer tires on here soon

just installed some foglights and im pretty impressed with them.

have hank next to my 90 loyale
(Lt. Dan).
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Bumper
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Sky Night

#6 ·
Reactions: armedequation
#7 · (Edited)
Bobby,

they come that way. i believe theres 3 variations of the myths. black, blue and a red one too.

they are pretty cool though. in shade they are a darker blue but in the sun or bright light, the blue matches wrb pretty well.

i was trying to go for something a little different while matching the blue. I was originally looking at drag-38s but i didnt think it had enough blue.

I really like the look of them and they werent super expensive which means more money for other upgrades....like tires lol

i love the journals! they are extremely informative and its so cool to see everyone make a forester their own in their own way! Mine wont ever be as detailed as say yours or the grey goose. Ive already left a lot out due to chasing a 5 year old and 4 year old around.

TJ

#8 ·
@armedequation I have XXR 507W with the blue accent, which is pretty close, but not an exact match to the WRB body color. Our cars park outside, so the sun's UV has damaged the clear coat on the black wheel paint. I was considering having the wheels refinished, but that would be a hassle, as the tires would have to be removed. I can't buy new XXR 507W, as they've been discontinued.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

#10 ·
ordered some rally armour mudflaps for fathers day from rally sport direct. should get them on later this week

having a hell of a time finding the double din dash pod but am trying to find one to do a nexus install

it always seems to rain right after i wash the car....then gets really dry and dusty

#17 ·
so in the initial stages of planning 6 speed swap. was initially thinking a forester sti 6 but after looking at things, im pretty sure i would like to have the dccd. Thanks to covid though getting anything jdm is a tough task it seems. also planning on doing cobbs e85 kit, upgrading to v3 ap, and still looking through suspension stuff trying to decide what to go with....

#19 ·
Nice. Is that the 5D carbon? I like the way that looks a lot more than the 3d.

Looks straight to me. I pulled mine and re-aligned a couple times before I got it right.

#20 ·
its the 3d carbon :) i chose that because it was a close match to the carbon hood scoop pattern. its a little more grey than black that i thought it would be.
I may have to get another set though as i kind of messed up the front. somehow i managed to seperate the carbon overlay from the blue backround. It will look fine now but it may not stay very well with all the dust and dirt it sees up here.

I like the look of it though! thanks again for posting that info!

#21 ·
ugh x500000

so my 6 speed is gonna be put on hold for a bit. I just found out that our 08 f350 will need new turbos due to previous owners lack of maintenance:mad::cry::confused::mad:
We got the truck last year and have only put 5k miles on it. Have to lift the cab just to get to the darn things.

Now I know i have to sell my lifted loyale to fund the 6 speed swap

#22 ·
This is a bummer. Did they switch to a sequential set up for the 6.4L? I'm only familiar with the 7.3L and 6.0L with the turbo conveniently located on top of the motor. So the whole turbo assembly is now under the cab? that doesn't make inspecting the turbo easy at all.

How much is a new turbo assembly going to set you back?

#23 ·
yeah its a sequential system and the cab has to come off to get access. The bill for that is $5250 including labor. Thankfully we got a warranty which should cover it. Dealing with the warranty company has been a pain though.

I am a little gunshy as I heard some noise coming from my engine which sounded like lifters. So I stopped at my mechanic and he confirmed that its valve noise and nothing to be concerned about.

I know these things come in waves so i was thinking the worst. We drove my forester down to childrens hospital 3 times last week for my daughters eye surgery and the forester did awesome in the 96 degree temps and rush hour traffic. I225 seems to suck at any time of the day but i25 was horrendous friday.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Mid-size car

#26 ·
I had a blast, and so did the kids. It was great to finally meet you in person, and I really enjoyed chatting it up about all things Forester with you and everyone there.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.