Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Hello

I have one of them and I really rate it. Good bit of kit.

However I would recomend getting a 3/8" socket set as well for larger jobs.

Mark

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Halfords pro' range is very good, some of the cheaper stuff is, well, cheap, and you gets what you pays for!

Simon

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
about the right price with the discount. I have the pro stuff which was bought for me and never managed to break any of it yet.

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
I have 3/8 pro stuff amd it’s been great I got mine from boot sale. They are a good place to find tools, I have found the odd snap on spanner / skt brittool are as good and kingdick are good. remember the old af stuff are useful 7/16 is 10mm 1/2" is 13mm 9/16 is 14mm well close tight fit but well worth 20p from boot sale. And when your 13mm knocks the edges off then the 1/2 in your garage helps you out but it dose not put you skin back on your knuckles :biggrin:

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Very good quality tools for the money. The beauty about the Advance range tools is its guarenteed for life, and there is a Halfords in every town, and they get swapped one for one over the counter. (just keep your receipt because they are starting to get funny about the warranty)

I use them and abuse them every day, - i use the standard chrome sockets on my impact gun (i dont have a choice - Impact sockets are too thick) and never had a problem replacing them. i used to use snap on tools, but they always seem to go missing! - especially working in foreign countries!!!

I was told that the Advanced / proffesional tools are made by Sykes Pikavant which are a a quality tool maker anyway.

They are not Snap On qauilty, but they are worth every penny.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts