Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes there are companies that make this kit, but unfort it costs a ton of money(upwards of $350). well you can piece 2gether the same kit minus some of the bling! or add some bling if you want, ie: slotted rotors, better pads etc. the only thing you must do is go w/ the older style brake pad d770(found in the 2002 wrx) and the clips and it will still come in much cheaper!

here what you will need:

rotor brackets: A-1 CARDONE Part # 141605 $45 shipped from rockauto.com
rotors: any 2000 legacy/outback h6 rotor will work. ex: duralasts $70 from autozone. i did centric premiums for $90/pair - they come w/ a coated hat = no rust!
pads: any 2002 wrx d770 pad will work, no newer style like we have. ex; duralast from autozone comes to $65 w/ the clips! i got some stoptechs, but you could do hawks or any other brand of your choice for a lil more!
pads clips: ~$10-15 from subie dealer or any auto parts store

so for ~180ish+ you can have the best bang for the buck upgrade around! not to mention put some more rear bias in2 your braking.

brackets - $45.50
rotors - $90
pads - $47.50
pad clips - 11.50

little bling, better brakes, and not too hard on the wallet $195!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL thanks, this mod is a no brainer! better stopping power for under $200 bucks! i cant wait to install all these parts this week along w/ a fluid flush and refill w/ some ate superblue and stainless lines!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my H6 rear brakes. That's a whole lot cheaper than what I got mine for, especially pads. The HP+ were 100 bucks.
well the hp+ are a little better pad. the stoptechs are less noisy and dusty but dont have as much initial bite. however, they are much better than the hps'.

I presume this setup does not apply to SF gen...?
im not sure exactly... does your sf have disks or drums?

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
well the hp+ are a little better pad. the stoptechs are less noisy and dusty but dont have as much initial bite. however, they are much better than the hps'.

im not sure exactly... does your sf have disks or drums?

Since I have an L, I have front discs, rear drums, the S has rear disks too.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
I can't feel the difference vs stock :icon_frown:

AT blue
SS lines
H6 brackets
EBC rotors
Hawk pads
thanks for the honesty! i've been looking for reviews like this because it seems like a lot of the popular mods don't actually seem to make that much difference. this seems like it would create more rear bias and take out brake dive but i also think if you're already lowered and springs are stiff enough, brake dive would have already been killed but i'm not sure how the change in bias feels with this exactly.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't feel the difference vs stock :icon_frown:

AT blue
SS lines
H6 brackets
EBC rotors
Hawk pads
which hawk pads did you get? just the fact the rotors are larger you should def see an improvement. i believe you are the first person to ever say you cant tell the difference from 1000s on nasioc who rave about this...

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
which hawk pads did you get? just the fact the rotors are larger you should def see an improvement. i believe you are the first person to ever say you cant tell the difference from 1000s on nasioc who rave about this...
Pads = HPS

1000s, 100000s rave about air intakes, BOVs as well...I have not pushed it to the limits but on normal daily driving I actually believe stock set-up performed better.

Maybe there is something wrong, will have to bleed the system.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts