Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good deal on an SVX that has had some recent motor work. Will probably need trans though. My 99 is in need of HG's, among other things. I was thinking, maybe, just maybe, a swap?:icon_redface: Is the H6 a bolt up to my auto tranny? What on earth would I be getting myself into for E.M.? Am I thinking too big? Shoot, I don't even know if it would physically fit.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
DO IT!! DO IT DO IT DO IT! haha It would be awesome! And also the first H6 forester ever if I'm not mistaken!

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been reading your link, duderotomy, and now you have me scared. The mechanical parts seem to be fine. Sorting the electrical may be a little too daunting though. I may need to go look at the donor. If I can get enough out of the part out, it might be worth it. Need to clear enough to buy stand alone EM. Hey Pleiad, need any SVX parts?:icon_wink:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Hey Pleiad, need any SVX parts?:icon_wink:
We've been SVX-less for a few months now... I blame the stupid economy. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
20 Posts
H6 Foz would be awsome, I was chatting to a fellow a few years back that was talking about putting an EZ30 out of a later model outback into his foz.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car I was looking at had a BAD knock. So no deal. We'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's on!!!!

Okay, so this project just became back on. I am still looking for a donor SVX, and have researched what will be needed to get this done. I am sticking to the 3.3 due to easinessof wiring. I am down to just a few more hurdles. I will ask questions in numbered form as to aid in answering:

1. What are the emission testing requirements in Oregon and Washington. I don't need to worry about it in FL, but plan on moving in about 2 years. Is it just a sniff test, or do they plug into the ODB2 port?

2. Anyone know of a company that may merge the harnesses for me. It sounds like it isn't too bad, but I may still want to pay for this service.

3. Anyone know where I can get a decent deal on a custom radiator?

3b. I have found that you must move the rad forward for this swap in impresas. Is there more room front to back in SF engine bays?

If anyone is interested in a crib notes version of what I have learned over the last few days, let me know. I will have to write a book here, but I will be happy to if anyone's seriously entertaining the idea of this swap.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts