Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a guide to removing interior panels. I bought a load of Ram-mat and have all my audio gear in a neat pile ready to be installed.

I want to strip the car down and have everything out to start with the deadening and audio install.

I thought I saw a guide when I first found this site, but I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks in advance!
Vince

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dog. I have plenty of tools including panel pry bars and poppers. I hope I have everything I need. (FYI harbor freight has a cool set for $7, a bit brittle, but for the price they're perfect for me)

Thanks for the link. I think there are enough parts to removing the body panels I can get an idea of what to look for.

Thanks again!
Vince

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,942 Posts
Here's a set of instructions for opening up the door that I posted at Scoobymods. They were specifically aimed at installing LED arrows on the outside mirrors, but the process of opening things up is the same.

Some jerk commented that he didn't find these to be useful, but I kind of think they might be.

Note that in step 4 I neglected to say that you also have to remove the screw that's holding the door handle bezel in place.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
vincedia,

You will want to track down a service manual. You can get one for a reasonable cost at techinfo.subaru.com or search the internet.

There is a section called interior and exterior trim that will have the information that you are looking for.

dm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts