Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who arent members of gtrydaz I thought Id post a link to their site and mention that Im organising a twilight cruise on the night of Mon 6th March.
We are going to North Head for the view and Manly for food!

Anyone is welcome but its obviously easier to organise under one place so that is going to be ... Gtrydaz Sydney Cruise

Im looking forward to seeing some new faces (Candy?)

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
I'll be there dicknose.

No smartarse comments about the shiny black MY06 with the funny nose either or I'll scurry home with my tail between my legs.

Nah, no worries, give me hell. I've been annoying enough on here and MRT - I deserve all I get

See you there (will meet you at the Frenchs Forest carpark)

edit - my 19 year old daughter might be with me (but she has a bf so back off)

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im more than twice her age - so I think that means she is a bit old for me!

·
Registered
70 Posts
A cruise to North Head won't be hard for me...in fact I'd be lucky if I warmed up the engine in that time, considering I live just down the road!!!

If I can get a leave pass (from bathing/feeding our 9 month old...which I do enjoy), I will pop up and say G'day!

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess you are in Manly?

Im thinking of maybe taking a detour on the way there and stopping at Dobroyd Head/Tania Park.

But it would be great if we catch you at North Head or Manly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Right on the money DN! I'm literally half way up the hill on the way to North Head!

I'll do my best to pop up there! It'd be good to put some faces to the names!

Altho I suspect I will feel somewhat inadequate with my non-turbo, bog standard (almost) XSL!

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Griffo said:
Right on the money DN! I'm literally half way up the hill on the way to North Head!
You could probably wait till you hear us go by!

I'll do my best to pop up there! It'd be good to put some faces to the names!
Would be nice to see you.

Altho I suspect I will feel somewhat inadequate with my non-turbo, bog standard (almost) XSL!
Well I think we are all nice blokes and wont make anyone feel unwelcome because of what they drive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DN, talking about wanting to put faces to names.... I am not sure if that truly applies to your name (Nickname that is!!!!) :)

Haha.

I'm sure it would still be nice to meet you in person! :) and the rest of the crew!

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise to North Head !

Hope it's fine. The XT is running good now (Iput it down to the BP Ultimate fuel).

Sorry but it will be all shiny. I did get it dirty offroad (Morgans Road) but all clean again (even underneath)

See you all there.

DN - will meet you at the FF carpark as per your schedule.

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
DN - thanks for organising the cruise mate. Pity a few pulled out at the last minute but still a bit of fun with just the 4 cars.

Learnt heaps too - some bits to put on the shopping list.

Damn, the guys in the NA did well !!!

Catch you next time

W

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to meet you Candy!
Griffo - I called but missed you, not sure if we were a bit late for you.

"Catch you next time" - only if you push that pedal harder!!

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
dicknose said:
Great to meet you Candy!

"Catch you next time" - only if you push that pedal harder!!
The Geo's told me to stop at 3/4 throttle - I could clearly hear them say "back off you idiot"

Still very impressed with the guys in the NA although I wasn't pushing too hard.

·
Registered
70 Posts
DN, Candy,

Sorry I couldn't make it. I've been laid up in bed with a tummy bug for the last day and a half.

Candy,

I thought you said you weren't going to do any mods!! :) What mod's did the guys talk you into??? :)

DN,

Next time for sure. Sorry again!

GO The NA's!!!!!!

·
German tech
3,563 Posts
Griffo - sorry to hear you were sick mate - we could have organised some chicken soup :)

As for mods - nooooooooo. Just aftermarket stuff - dash mat, weather strip etc

Nothing serious at this stage.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Griffo - no problem mate. Im not the sort of guy to get into a huff because someone couldnt make it.
In the end we had all 3 of the people who planned to meet at Ryde pull out, had 1 sign up that day and another turn up on the night.

Probably leave the next one till April - did you know daylight savings goes into the 1st week of April this year!

Im keen on doing a West Head trip, but that will have to be a weekend since the road is closed at night.

Hope you are feeling better and definitely keen to see you at the next one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts