Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
I wonder if that ALK is just their sti style ALK or actually provides the "ALK" (reduction of antilift) properties to the forester that one gets on an STI.

Also, does anyone have that front lower tie brace? Jacking plates been screwed for a while, might as well brace the control arms at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
I have the 3 pt fender brace (cowl stay) and fitment was right on, and noticed an immediate difference.

IIRC the h-brace was installed from anothe member, and had to run some spacers. I am running the e-bay (silver) one, and spacers are needed for mine as well.

The lower tie bar looks like it uses the same holes as an aero/skid plate...my STI lower arm bar fits..but comes close to the subtle plate.,,,dunno if this will work with a plate?

That 3pc sub frame loooks neat,,,the 2 triangular pieces resemble the cusco ones. but wondering if that front piece completely replaces the subframe...?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
i believe sqc146 was the test fitter for all these products and he has all of them on his forester. and the fender braces are a huge improvement!

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT '05 6mt r180 Carbonetics 1.5w lsd
1,093 Posts
I'm running the H-brace currently, and have the ALK and fender brace TBI in the spring.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Meh. Unless you're running stiff springs and R compounds the rear strut brace is probably the only thing that will be an improvement.
My sub-frame bolts, h-brace, and fender braces made a much more noticeable difference than the rear tower bar. The bar was last, so maybe I was all tightened up already...lol

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with gator. I think if you advertise like it was Forester specific, all the needed parts should be included. Well, that, or the parts should fit correctly so spacers aren't needed. Sounds like a hack job.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,049 Posts
I'm ruining all these braces for two years. Except for the fender braces. I installed those about four months ago.
The only issue is the front piece of the sub frame brace. The brace does need spacers and tabs that do not come with brace. When you run headers you will need larger spacers. I would also think a skid plate would not work well with this set up. It would to low and need more fabrication. ( I have not tried to fit a skid plate yet). These braces are only as strong as the weakest link which is the additional hardware. The hardware tends to loosen up and should be tighten periodically.
My Forester has no noticeable flex and the body is extremely rigid. From my experience the best time to install these braces is when vehicle is new. This will always keep the integrity of your vehicle. Any time these braces are installed they make a huge difference.

GTSPEC Front Strut Brace - Subaru Forester XT

GTSPEC Rear Strut Brace - Subaru Forester XT

GTSPEC Subfame Reinforcement Brace (3 Piecers
Spacer will be needed for this to be installed (Not included)

GTSPEC Fender Reinforcement Brace - Subaru Forester XT
(Center tab will not be use in the install)

GTSPEC 4 Points Front Ladder Bar - Subaru Forester

1 - 19 of 19 Posts