Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m replacing my stock struts with 45k on them with bilsteins. Currently have pedders spring ya that I will swap over to the bilsteins.

Since I have it all apart, I’m pondering replacing the strut mounts since I’m in there already. The group N versions have much stiffer rubber. Has anyone used them on an SH or any other vehicle that can comment on how much NVH they will add? I don’t want to introduce too much as this is a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,189 Posts
I loved them in my sg9 sti no noticeable noise difference just a bit firmer and you will feel the pot holes a bit more. couldn't possible comment how they would be in the SH as I have 0 experience with that model.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I’m looking into it further, can’t seem to find them for the SH or ‘08+ WRX anyway...

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had you thought about camber plates , I think you have big choice that side of the pond.

pound for pound they were the best mod ive done and ive done 1 or 2 …..

Not really. Don’t need the adjustment. Too extreme for my needs. Was just thinking stiffer rubber would improve the steering response.

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
198 Posts
As I remember from my 08STi days, they don't really exist for the 08+ WRX/STI(09-18 forester) and I ended up going Whiteline Com-C. It is an offset mount, which will increase caster and camber, the camber you should be able to get an acceptable number with in the strut cam bolts, and the caster will give your steering a slightly heavier feel.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,189 Posts
I had a pair of white line com c mounts as well they only lasted a matter of months before they split.
If you do a simple google search it will tell you all you need to know about this product.

I have posted pics on this forum on a thread I started, ill see if I can dig it out .

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup don't need anything fancy. I'm zeroing in on what I think I might need. After a little more research, I've found that 2013 Forester and WRX share a part number 20320FG002.

The 2013 STI is 20320FG012. A couple of the online parts catalogs had the STI using 002 also only one of them specified a difference between STI and WRX. I'm thinking the 012 is comparable to what Group N used to be and is the same dimensions with stiffer rubber. Can anyone verify?

They sure don't make it easy!

·
Registered
10 Forester X Autotragic
198 Posts
I had a pair of white line com c mounts as well they only lasted a matter of months before they split.
If you do a simple google search it will tell you all you need to know about this product.

I have posted pics on this forum on a thread I started, ill see if I can dig it out .
Yeah, I am aware. A friend of mine had them split and they were replaced and did not have any further issue. I also did not have any issue with them. Maybe limited to production run defect:shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Group-n on my 2008 XT and didn't notice any increase in NVH and the improvement in suspension/steering was noticeable, I think. This was at 130k miles and I replaced everything (struts, strut mounts, bars, bar mounts and links). The bars, bar mounts and links were the OEM STI version and I think that attributed to the dramatic increase in turn-in and generally better handling.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I ordered the 2013 STI strut mounts. part number 20320FG012. Rallitek said they wouldn't work. But I'm almost certain they're wrong. The part number is identical to the SJ part number and from what I've been told, all the SJ stuff is a direct swap. Hope I didn't flush $100 down the toilet lol.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update. My suspicions were correct. These fit right in and had stiffer rubber. It seemed to have made a nice difference in steering feel. Of course I’m not sure how much of that is cause they’re brand new.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn’t bother with the rears. They should work fine. Mine were in good shape and I was more concerned about the steering feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts