·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
I would have been all over this about a year ago. If I ever break mine, I'll definitely be buying this.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
I'm pretty sure this will not hold up if you hit a curb or a dip in the road. With a lowered car, we kinda have to be careful with the lip, especially when parking.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT
121 Posts
I'm pretty sure this will not hold up if you hit a curb or a dip in the road. With a lowered car, we kinda have to be careful with the lip, especially when parking.
yes i am aware. but it was just me not paying attention that did it, and the fozzy wasnt even lowered when it happened. = /

anyway!! cmon! so i can jump on the group buy!! otherwise im gonna have to save up and just buy it :icon_rolleyes:

·
Former Foz Dude
2010 WRX STI SE STI 6-speed, yo
1,376 Posts
I'm still interested... Just have to sell the factory lip when it comes...

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,496 Posts
Interested for sure but I have a couple of drivetrain mods to get done first. But this is definitely on the list!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
And this part does what? Not flaming you as I too would like to see more Forester specific functional mods.
That's irrelevant. Whether or not a part is functional has nothing to do with it. True, this particular product is purely for aesthetics, but then again, the same can be said for wheels, right? Or STi badges throughout the car? Even leather seats.

The point is that a company made the decision to develop and market a product where there was none before. People are always commenting that they would love to have the lip that only the 08 FSXTs had. So, RavSpec found a niche and ran with it.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,212 Posts
Whether or not a part is functional has nothing to do with it. True, this particular product is purely for aesthetics, but then again, the same can be said for wheels, right?
It matters to me. :shrug: Bravo for the bling but my wheels allowed me to run lower profile tires. Leather came with the car.

I was agreeing with you about Forester specific parts. I'm just looking for ones that improve the car's function.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
3 Posts
Carbon Fiber Front Lip wanted for '09 Forester

I'll be one of the first to order, when they make one to fit the '09's.
Just traded in our '03 XS for an '09 XL and it needs a Lip.

·
Registered
2010 Sexually Trans infec 6MT
2,406 Posts
I had it like that since December and it doesn't bother me as much as it does my friends.
I just tell people it's a battle scar from racing :lol:

I don't know about the Carbon Fiber one. If it was under $300 then maybe. (I can get the stock one for $350)

Also, I'm getting coilovers on today so I'll see how high I can go. If they drop my car more than another 1/2 inch I might just have to go without a lip, or do the Lowes DIY one.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports2.5XT 5MT
53 Posts
Here she is sans-lip.....

Not too bad, but missing and edge (Wa-Waaaaa)!

Also, I'm getting coilovers on today so I'll see how high I can go. If they drop my car more than another 1/2 inch I might just have to go without a lip, or do the Lowes DIY one.
I have Swifts on mine, and even with that modest drop, the lip is practically scraping on the ground! Might want to leave it off once you get the Coil Overs!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.