Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was noticing some vibration in the wheel when braking coming off the thru way, on long trips it was worse (brakes hot). So i brought it into the dealer and they promptly resurfaced the front rotors. Within an 30 minute drive I now have a grinding sound that is quite significant when rolling up to stop lights etc. Way more pronounced when in the city doing lots of stop and go. I brought it back to the dealer this morning and of course it didn't do it when they took it for a test drive.

The sound is like there is a rough spot that catches as the wheel rotates, slowing as you come to a stop. The sound is really loud tho and you can feel it thru the floor.

They must think I'm crazy, as they cant reproduce it.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: after about an hour, they decided to replace both front rotors..no clear explanation as to why, other than he said they couldn't resurface them again. I asked if I should go ahead and replace the pads since they had everything apart, but was told they were in "like new" condition and not to bother...
Something tells me there must have been damage to a rotor from that grinding sound.

Mileage : 22,500

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed - it's all fixed up now, and I ended up with new rotors...so overall I guess that's a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts