Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this piece, GS Manifold, is plug n play on an 08 FXT?

Grimmspeed doens't have this piece under the Forester XT section, only under WRX, so it makes me wonder.

thanks

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Disregard...not sure about WRX.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts

Grimmspeed doens't have this piece under the Forester XT section, only under WRX, so it makes me wonder.

thanks
Just got mine yesterday. I called and asked the very same question cause I didnt see it listed for MY06. I was told that the same year WRX model was compatible (so I got one for an 06 WRX). Obviously that logc would not work for your 08 but I would assume that the one I got would be the exact same one you would want.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got mine yesterday. I called and asked the very same question cause I didnt see it listed for MY06. I was told that the same year WRX model was compatible (so I got one for an 06 WRX). Obviously that logc would not work for your 08 but I would assume that the one I got would be the exact same one you would want.
Let us know if you had to modify it in any away for the install. thanks

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTI LTD SG9 2007 STI 6 speed, HP Techs-MPS SSLR 2.5, Junior Tuned, 573 WHP/ 500 WTQ
554 Posts

thanks
I think the WRX, STI and FXT all share pretty much the same intake. I bought an 06 STI manifold, TGV's and throttle body off of ebay for cheap and sent them into Grimmspeed for the PNP/ ceramic coating. They installed perfectly on my FXT. You are doing the TGV's correct? GS does port match them all the way into the heads.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTI LTD SG9 2007 STI 6 speed, HP Techs-MPS SSLR 2.5, Junior Tuned, 573 WHP/ 500 WTQ
554 Posts
I stopped by the shop tonight and they had the intake manifold, inlet, TGVs and throttle body all together.
Are you installing the phenolic spacers under the TGV's? I used Hondata (delrin) heat shield gaskets but the GS phenolic spacers are very good as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh yeah FYI, another thing I did in this area is that I made a custom .125" delrin spacer/ gasket, port matched that fits between the throttle body and the intake. I did this to gain a little more room for my Samco BOV hose that runs under the throttle body. It's really tight under there and the Samco hose is a little bigger because of thicker walls. It also acts as another insulating layer to prevent conductive heat transfer.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Are you installing the phenolic spacers under the TGV's? I used Hondata (delrin) heat shield gaskets but the GS phenolic spacers are very good as well.
Yes, I am going with a 3mm phenolic spacer. I just ordered it when I got the intake manifold.

When I saw the intake setup tonight the throttle body would look so much better black. Soooo... I definitely think i'm going to order one up that's ported and coated.

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
It also acts as another insulating layer to prevent conductive heat transfer.
I take it you have done the coolant bypass mod for the throttle body, otherwise the spacer would do nothing to stop heat transfer.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
I am still on the fence with this and have sourced a New Ported/Coated STi TB/Intake combo (not this make tough). Help talk me into this. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
I am still on the fence with this and have sourced a New Ported/Coated STi TB/Intake combo (not this make tough). Help talk me into this. :icon_cool:
well anything that makes the intake path bigger and smoother will make it easier for air to come in and the more/easy air comes in... blah blah blah. you know the benefits of more air in our engines. moral of the story, if you can take it off and port it it will help spool in some way

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
well anything that makes the intake path bigger and smoother will make it easier for air to come in and the more/easy air comes in... blah blah blah. you know the benefits of more air in our engines. moral of the story, if you can take it off and port it it will help spool in some way
See that is where the fence comes in. It is a consensus that you need big power to benefit but I Autocross and anything to increase spool is a Gotta for me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I take it you have done the coolant bypass mod for the throttle body, otherwise the spacer would do nothing to stop heat transfer.
Well....I took a slightly different approach because as Simon stated TB icing could be a definite problem especially for me in northern Michigan. I was looking at all of yours thread on TB coolant bypass (thanks for all the knowledge here!) and also reflected back on my 1969 390 CI AMC AMX with it's Holly 750 cfm carb that iced bad in certain weather. So what I did was make a TB heat shield gasket out of .125" delrin mostly for clearance but also as a heatshield and then I made an .125" diameter restrictor pill out of a universal barbed hose adapter that I pushed into the coolant hose at the top LH side of the TB. So far it seems to work well, no icing and the TB seems cooler than stock.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts