Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help With A/O sep problem!! - NASIOC

I was about to install it this weekend but I was missing parts and then I strolled onto that thread. Hmm.. shucks. I might have this one for sale then.

Will ask GS and see what their response is and ask them to post here.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[HIGHLIGHT]NOTICE TO ALL NA GS AOS USERS!!![/HIGHLIGHT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoshi
Ah sigh.. I wonder what all the RS25 folks are doing with their AOSes now
Yes, we have found an issue with the operation of some of the Subaru n/a air oil separator setups. We currently have a solution in the works that will eliminate these issues but we need some more time for adequate testing.
At this time we recommend that anyone who has purchased the naturally aspirated air oil separator kit (not the turbo kit) to check and monitor your oil levels and un-install the AOS as soon as possible if you are noticing any oil loss. Moving forward we would like to provide these people with two options to get our issue resolved. You can either hang on to your kit for 3-4 weeks while we go through more testing(keeping an eye on your oil level) and we will send out the necessary replacement parts or you may return your kit for a full refund.

If you are using the separator on a turbo application, you can ignore this as this has no effect on your car or the AOS's effectiveness.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Good for them being stand up about it.
Is this where your oil might have been going?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah I didn't install it yet. Was going to when I got home to find out if I'm losing it through the PCV again but then I realized I had a turbo kit and not the NA kit so they're sending me extra parts (and apparently will again soon). I still don't know where it's going. Only seepage is at the head gaskets but I never have an oil puddle underneath the car.. I check every day. :\

I did, however, break my fumoto's washer after I did the oil change! :(

Had to plug it with my finger and swap back to the stock plug quickly.. so far, levels are steady..

Yeah GS seems pretty good about their issues, but I'm glad willaty knows his stuff.

Oh but I did notice dirt sticking to the fumoto BEFORE i did the oil change, which makes me think it was already slightly leaking and that may be where it went... it was holding steady for so long though.. don't know why it would lose oil so quickly in the last 400 miles..

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Head ups NA folks who bought the AOS:

Dear GrimmSpeed Customer,

You were previously notified about the issues surrounding our NA (AOS) Air Oil Separator Kit. The turbo model kits have consistently produced excellent results, unfortunately the NA kits did not follow suit. Originally the NA AOS kit was working on our test vehicles. After the product release and continued months of testing, it became apparent that the AOS was not functioning properly with the stock PCV system. Because of this, the kit was not up to our standards. We have tested several long term solutions to fix the issue, however none of them have proven to be cost effective for either us, or you the customer.
We would like to offer you a full refund on the kit including an extra $10 to cover the cost of shipping back to us. We do not advise using this kit on your NA vehicle and recommend returning it to us at your earliest convenience. While some NA cars have seen successful results, if you wish to continue use of this kit be advised that it will be under your own risk.
To return the product, please contact us prior to doing so via one of the contact methods below. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us:

GrimmSpeed
[email protected]

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts