Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gremlin - Driver's Door Intermittently Locks/Unlocks

My recently purchased 1999 Subaru Forester L (40,000 miles – yes one owner!) has electrical problems. The battery is completely charged. NOW: without any action on my part, the drivers side electric door lock intermittently locks/unlocks by itself. This ghostly phenomena occurs on a somewhat regular basis and has a definite pattern of the locking/unlocking. This also occurs with or without batteries in the key fobs. ANYONE have any ideas on how to get rid of this problem???? Where is the receiver for the keyless entry system???? Any help in getting rid of this gremlin would be helpful. If I can help it, I do not want to either pull the fuse or do a work around. Thanx in advance for your help!!!!

·
Registered
1999 Forester Manual
1 Posts
Did you ever find the Gremlin?

Hi! I just bought a 1999 Forester that is doing this exact same thing! It's such a funny phenomenon. Did you ever fix the problem or figure out what was causing it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.