Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Forester X 5-spd manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been lurking for a while and finally registered. Please allow me to apologize in advance for the verbose intro. :laugh:

I've been driving my '04 Forester X 5-spd since I picked it up used back in 2009 with ~57,000 miles on the odo. Today it has almost 135,600 on it. I'm the 3rd owner. The second one apparently traded it in for a new Ford. tch. tch. Well, its not real fancy looking for a Forester...plain white, with Yakima surf racks, and very often a bike rack on the tail end.
I'm on the WA coast, and I drive this baby on the beaches here when I go Razor clamming or surf fishing. It goes over any configuration of sand or beach with authority!!! and it has never gotten stuck. Sometimes I drive my Pugsley fat bike to the beach for safer riding, to avoid riding alongside the hwy to get there.
Had to give up my lifelong passion of surfing. Had a good 48 year run.
I'm 68, retired, and fear no driving conditions except for solid ice, dense fog and "complete whiteout" snow flurries. Out here near the ocean, its mainly the dense fog. I plan to keep this rig forever. Its still hard to call the odds for who's gonna drop first, me or my Forester. Time will tell. :|

·
Registered
'04 Forester X 5-spd manual
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. There's a lot of mechanical and technical knowledge shared here. I'll be asking questions sooner or later. I'm having "bad luck" with my attempts to pinpoint a problem with my HVAC blower controls and wiring, but I'm going to explore a bit further before asking anything. I've read thru the threads in the Forum that concern the issue. I've already used info gleaned from these pages to help with my repair and maintenance issues.
I hope to contribute as well, except that I am not a trained mechanic or tech. MY '04 Forester is my 2nd Subaru.
My first was the only car I ever bought new from a dealer (ouch!). It was an '82 GL1800 wagon. I put a bit more than 60,000 miles on it the first two years I had it, mainly going skiing or surfing, or trips to visit friends in B.C. Moved to the coast in the summer of '85 and quit skiing...and then didn't have to drive as much. Sold it to a local kid here in '93 with 179,000 m on it. The rust was getting very bad... those '82s sure had cheap sheet metal and lousy paint jobs. Couldn't even stand up to ten years of driving on the beach and being coated with sea spray. Sheeesh! Looked good sitting new on the lot, though, when I had the union job.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,018 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts