Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, now that we live in the Texas Hill Country, and are inexplicably becoming "older",
all the newfangled safety systems seem very appealing.
SO, we are thinking of getting a new 2019 Forester Limited 32 this summer. Of course we won't need the heated steering wheel, and we expect to use Apple Carplay instead of the built in NAV, but we think that the RAB will be a worthwhile option.

We hope to learn a lot from the good folks here.

Our other vehicles include a 2003 Prius and 2005 Prius, both purchased online when we lived in California.
We also have a 1999 Mercedes E320 AWD station wagon.

So we will be Subaru newbies, but looking forward to it!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
The Rear Auto Braking is a bonus, but the rear cross traffic alert is much more valuable. I have seen mine in action backing out of a parking spot. I had actually seen the car coming and was stopping/stopped but the car alerted me. I always back out of spots slowly so that other cars can seem me and stop/honk, but this one zoomed around me. I also like the blind spot detection which part of package 22. I didn't care about powered lift gate.

I also decided on Forester for it's safety features! I decided on the Sport trim with package 22. The Limited didn't have additional safety features and the standard features it offered seemed more like bling than functional.

I'm really liking my Forester after 23 years of Honda Civic. I'm getting used to it's larger size and different visibility patterns. I still don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for where the front corner is when attempting to park.

I only have driven 400 miles in a couple of months, but I really like the Forester. That said, I'm not really fussy compared to some of the "dislikes" other people have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts