Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hanging around the boards for a couple of weeks now, but I finally have some decent pictures of my car(s) to share for my introduction.

First, a pic of my Fozzie:

I'm Ryan, I'm from South Florida (Lighthouse Point if you know where that is), and I'm new to Subaru, but I've wanted one for a long time. Back as far as my last car purchase, an Impreza was in the running for my first new car purchase, but in the end, mpg won and I got a Civic.

Last June, we happend to be driving my wife's '03 Santa Fe back from a trip to North Carolina (a trip which taxed the engine to the point of the A/C not working, and broke the power steering), we stopped for a cabin air filter at a Hyundai Subaru dealership. While waiting for the part, we walked the aisles of '09 Foresters. My wife sat in a Charcoal Gray Forester X Premium and said "this is the car I want." Ironically, that's the exact car she got, 11 months later almost to the day. We paid off the Civic by December, and were left with two cars to sell, and two cars to buy. We drove the Forester and the Impreza, and I have to say, somehow, for them sharing the same drivetrain, the Forester felt zippier. No 2010 Legacies or outbacks were to be found in SoFla, so we waited.

Then two weeks ago, we went to test drive the Mazda 6 (two word review: it sucked), and the CX-7, and we liked the CX-7 enough that I considered driving a truck for the first time in my life. Just to compare, we went across the street and drove the Forester again. The forester blew away the CX-7 for acceleration, handling, and interior build quality. Then I drove a smattering of Legacies. A new '09 GT, a new '09 SE (almost bought that one, for around $18k), and a '10 Premium.

Well, I fell in love with the '10. It's a totally different animal from the '09. Whereas the '09 (SE especially) had that raspy, punchy performance factor, the '10 is a well mannered flagship. In the end, I went with the '10 because I liked its beguiling mildness and the CVT's smoothness. Also, I have to say, I can't believe the reviews that call the 2.5i slow. Especially when in Manual mode, this thing gives me more than enough acceleration. Even keeping it below 4000 rpm's (break in period), by the time I get to 3rd "gear", I'm already going too fast.

Yep, we both got the same color. After two weeks, the wife and I have converted everyone we've met. I'm pretty sure we sold two foresters and a legacy the first week.

Also have to give a shout out to Mitch at North Broward Subaru for giving us a good, fair deal and being up-front about my trade, invoice pricing on the dealer add-on's, and so forth.

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

Hey does anyone else think the resemblance of the '10 legacy to a certain other sedan is uncanny?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
There are a couple other sedans out there that look similar to the MY10 Legacy... such as the new Toyota Avalon. I never made the connection to the newer Infiniti G sedans though.

·
Registered
2010 Forester, Legacy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

It's interesting. I think the eyes look like a blend of the G37 sedan and the Avalon, and the rear looks strikingly like the Lexus GS. It doesn't help that you can't swing a dead cat around Boca without hitting a charcoal gray GS. I'm gonna have to park next to one just to take a picture. The slab sided doors remind me of the previous generation Lexus LS.

But even though it has some familiar looking features, it's truly unique looking, and quite striking. I especially like the accentuated wheel arches. One day I'll fill 'em up with some larger wheels.

·
Registered
07 forester
250 Posts
Welcome. A fellow two subaru family here as well located in boca. Wife just got the 2010 outback and loves it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts