Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys :icon_biggrin:
I'm working in Fiji for a couple of years and while I'm here I've been able to pick up a JDM 2006 SG9 Forester STi. When I return home to Australia I'll take it back with me.

At home I've left behind, in the care of my son, my beloved 2001 SF5 Forester GT.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the pictures. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum.How is the weather?

joe r

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome

Hot and humid here with the odd cyclone thrown in :icon_frown:, rarely gets below 22C (72F)

Pics added to first post.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Wow - nice cars! Can't wait to see lots of pics from Fiji.

·
Registered
2007 Impreza WRX STi
31 Posts
Welcome to the best Forester forum from Ky.

A few questions on the UGM car.

Are the headlight HID? And will you please give me the wheels, brakes, side skirts, front and rear bumper spoilers, and hatch trim? LOL
The headlights are supposed to be HID on FSTI from some material i saw.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
The headlights are supposed to be HID on FSTI from some material i saw.
I was asking because I have the Canadian spec HID's housings in my Forester and they have chrome housing instead of the black in his photos. I really want to black them out but I cant do it to a set of rare $2,000 lights.:chair:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
2,160 Posts
Nice FSTi, i have some good friends that live in fiji, I hear it's a nice place.

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Welcome aboard, Lach.

Make sure you've got the shutters up and the car hidden away when the next cyclone's approaching.

Have you experienced one yet? The eerie silence when the eye of the cyclone passes over is quite something from what I remember. You also get some interesting photos of the aftermath. We've got one where our entire pool was covered with leaves, so it looked like the ground.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX STI
101 Posts
the SF5
- process west TMIC?
- only one catch can, for the heads?
- Tein suspension?

congrats, both cars are beautiful (but the SG9 should be blue:Banane14: )

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the best Forester forum from Ky.

A few questions on the UGM car.

Are the headlight HID? And will you please give me the wheels, brakes, side skirts, front and rear bumper spoilers, and hatch trim? LOL
Yes, HID. No, bits :chair: :icon_wink:

Welcome aboard, Lach.

Make sure you've got the shutters up and the car hidden away when the next cyclone's approaching.

Have you experienced one yet? The eerie silence when the eye of the cyclone passes over is quite something from what I remember. You also get some interesting photos of the aftermath. We've got one where our entire pool was covered with leaves, so it looked like the ground.
I missed the one (TC ****) in mid December as I was in Osaka, Japan for another son's wedding. Yep, we shuttered the house before we left luckily.

the SF5
- process west TMIC?
- only one catch can, for the heads?
- Tein suspension?

congrats, both cars are beautiful (but the SG9 should be blue:Banane14: )
- Yep, PW TMIC & undertray/plenum.
- Catchcan for the crankcase only. Before I fitted it I looked at the blow-by from both the crankcase and the heads and as there was negligible from the heads I fitted the catch can to the crankcase only. Over time we shall see though.
- Yep, Tein SF5 Super Wagon coilovers with EDFC kit. Hmmm, I should do a mods post.

Haha, I looked at the four colours available and it was a hard decision, but I'm glad I chose this one as, although the blue is a beautiful colour, it's a bit too 'in your face' for me :icon_biggrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts