Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can already tell this forum is going to get me in to trouble.

After my '98 OB suffered the dreaded head gasket failure a month ago, I purchased my first Forester ('05 X, 68k miles). The previous owner (who I'm told was over 70) kept it stock with the exception of the extended arm rest.

I immediately replaced the carpet mats with heavy rubber mats. Mod #2 should arrive Monday; a new HU compatible with my ipod. Mod #3, window tinting, is scheduled for later in the week. I can't go darker than 28% in Colorado. I'm debating between 28% on all 7 windows or 35% on the front two and 28% on the rest. My installer uses Maxpro HP Carbon tint. Does anyone have experience with this?

Those were the only 3 mods I had planned from the get-go...until I found this forum. Sigh...if only grad students were better paid. My conservative wish list:

4) Cabin air filter
5) Subtle skid plate
6) Rear differential protector
7) Rear spoiler
8) Speaker/sub upgrades, pending thoughts after new HU install

Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of the forum. I think my Forester is quivering in the driveway in anticipation. Now I just need to name her...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new '05 Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

It sounds like you've got the MOD bug, so before you get too far along, make sure you start your own Member Journal. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Post up a picture so the members can look it over.
Coming soon...I definitely want some pictures pre-tint.

Odd, I thought you weren't allowed to tint the front windows any amount in Colorado though. :eek:
It is my understanding that they can't be tinted if you have anything darker than 28% in the rear. I'll trust the installer keeps up with this...

On that list the Cabin air filter should be pretty easy. :)
Yeah, this is more maintenance than a mod, but a project for me nonetheless. Those buggers are hard to track down. I think I'm going to try out a non-OEM filter at about 1/3 the price.

I have two words for you...........lift kit.
Haha. This should have made the list. Any thoughts on the Subtle kit (1")?

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is my understanding that they can't be tinted if you have anything darker than 28% in the rear. I'll trust the installer keeps up with this...
Ah, I'm definitely looking forward to those pictures of your Subaru Forester after the tinting. :) I'll make sure to get that for my Subaru Forester when I decide to finally buy mine. :biggrin:

Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
First Photo of the Foz

It warmed up enough today for me to wash/clay/wax the foz, now named Lenore. Unfortunately it started snowing as I was finishing up, so I elected to put her in the garage instead of going out on a photo shoot. Then the sun went down, the snow stopped, and the fog rolled in...

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
It warmed up enough today for me to wash/clay/wax the foz, now named Lenore. Unfortunately it started snowing as I was finishing up, so I elected to put her in the garage instead of going out on a photo shoot. Then the sun went down, the snow stopped, and the fog rolled in...
:eek: Still not enough snow. It's supposed to snow Wednesday though! :woohoo:
More pictures! :)

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Welcome aboard! If you want some offroading tips or trails let me know. I've also got a really big Subaru recovery vehicle now too. I don't know about Subtle skid plates, but I'll personally vouche for Primitive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts