Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Subaru (2010 Forester) and I love it. I joined to forum to gain more knowledge about the car.

My car currently has no roof racks and I am desperate need of some to move my 2 kayaks around. I was considering getting either Yakimas or Thule racks... does anybody have any good recommendations?

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central MA. There are a lot of threads on the subject of roof racks and kayaks, you could try a search and get a lot of info. Kind of depends which trim level Forester you bought. Enjoy the Foz and hey...you kayaking in Fla?...watch out for the gators, man.:biggrin:
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your new Forester purchase! Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
As for roof racks, you can't go wrong with either Thule or Yakima. The factory Subaru attachments are mostly all made by Yakima (in North American at least), and can sometimes be sold cheaper through Subaru than directly from Yakima.

·
Registered
2009 & Jamboree Motorhome
347 Posts
I went with the factory bars on my 09 X. Like Duderotomy said made by Yakima and less money from Subaru.. Most dealerships will give owners a 10 to 20 % discount whitch helps. The bars sold by subaru will carry 175 lbs.

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream

1 - 9 of 9 Posts