Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 X - A/T
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up y'all? I just picked up a pretty sweet looking 03 Forester X. I drove a 93 Legacy L AWD Wagon for the last 10 years and loved it. Here's hoping the Fozzie takes over where the faithful Legacy left off...

Thanks for the great forum & thanks in advance for answering my questions! I'm the type that likes to know everything, good & bad, about my machines. I'm pretty mechanically inclined. I haven't found a car or motorcycle job yet that I cold work my way through with proper tools, instructions and patience.

Looking forward to absorbing mass quantities of Fozzie knowledge.

:Banane35:

thought I'd post a pic of the new baby, but I'm getting a message saying I can't post URLs until I get 15 posts here...
ohhhkay...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester from another '03 X owner! :cool:

As to posting pictures or links. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. It looks like you'll be able to link after a few more posts! :wink:

No biggie on the title typo... I've done that many times! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
39,434 Posts
Very nice looking Forester! I've always like the two tone, especially not having to wax the lower panels! We use Mother's Back-to-black on all the plastic, tires & even the the roof rails & crossbars! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 X - A/T
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice tip. I haven't used that stuff. But I have used 303 Aerospace Protectant on my motorcycle plastics & rubber for years. It works great to keep sun fade and dry rot at bay (a big deal in Tucson), and it really freshens up interior vinyl, instrument panels, etc.

·
Administrator
39,434 Posts
Many on this forum swear by 303 Aerospace Protectant, so I tried it, as well as Groit's vinyl & Rubber dressing & of course Armor All. I still have them on the shelf & the one I use on all my cars is Mother's Back-to-Black. I'm always looking for something better, but so far, Mother's Back-to-Black is my favorite. :wink:

Keep in mind, Mother's Back-to-Black is for exterior use only. Also, don't let this stuff dry as the directions say! Just generously apply, wipe off the excess & you're good to go. If you let it dry, you'll get streaking & residue. :frown:

Bobby...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts