Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum, I am still confused as to what I would need. I want to lower my 07 FXT. After reading the posts regarding struts I do believe I want the sedan struts, I am not interested in more camber in the back, I just run the stock rims, I do want to minimize body roll and love the look of the dropped foz.

I have found the following GR2s:

front 334470 334471
rear 334458, 334459
2004 STI springs

If any suspension gurus can let me know if the struts will fit and do the job. Would I be able to use my stock top hats and if I would be able to use 2004 STI springs with my top hats and the GR2s. Any other parts required? Positives? Negatives? Other comments?

Your help is appreciated.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
Trying to confirm using Google, but it seems GR-2s you list are '04-'05 WRX sedan fitment, which is what you want. They should work fine with '04 STi springs and your stock tophats, your goal will be achieved. Negatives may be a bit of uneven ride height -- front wheel gap more than rear -- most people use a tophat spacer to compensate, 3/8" or 1/2" will work with stock tophat studs (for 1/2" you'll need to loose the dustcap, bolts barely reach). You will most likely want to cut the front bumpstops, search for info on that.

To avoid using spacers you could get SPT wagon springs (SPT Pinks), which are identical rates to the USDM OEM STi springs, but the rears are taller.

Not a guru, double-check my info.

Stan

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was fast, thanks, this place is awesome. I did google the model numbers and found that they are for that model vehicle stated. If anybody that knows 100% sure can chime in it would be appreciated. Thanks guys. The butt spacers would not be a big deal.

Pete

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean about the D-Specs, I think the items listed:

front 334470 334471
rear 334458, 334459
on 2004 STI springs

will do the trick for me. I just want to make sure that they are suitable for my vehicle, if I need some saggy butt spacers that is ok, if they need to be completely modified or don't fit I rather buy some D-Spec as suggested.

Any GR2 experts?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
i agree w/ black box, since i love my tokicos. but if you arent looking for a performance upgrade, just an oem replacement - the kybs are cheaper and a descent option!

decide if you want to base your descision on price or performance... both are good options!

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. Anybody with more usefull info on the part numbers listed? I understand that I can get better product but I am looking to go the most cost effient way - most bang for my buck for my DD.

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must appologize, I screwed up on the model numbers:

Part Numbers 05-07 WRX:

FL - 334471
FR - 334470
RL - 334359
RR - 334358

Anybody?

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
i agree w/ black box, since i love my tokicos. but if you arent looking for a performance upgrade, just an oem replacement - the kybs are cheaper and a descent option!

decide if you want to base your descision on price or performance... both are good options!
Match the GR2 with some other stiffening agents, and you will be quite close in handling to Tokicos...rite?

I have never ridden on Tokicos, but with my heaps of bracing and GR2's, I am pretty stiff, bordering overboard/3wheel driveway entrance type ish.

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good, nice looking car. Any idea on those part numbers? I can practically do a staight exchange for my stock suspension, I would have new struts and used STI springs. If anybody can chime in? I can get the show on the road. :)

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
I love my KYB set up. I have the new wagon struts with used 07 STI springs and it rides great. Very stiff as said here before, especially with lots of bracing.
And as far as swapping over, you can re use your top hats with the new stuff or switch to WRX style to hats.

·
Registered
2007 FXT Sport M5
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man, that is what I was looking for. I did some more reading and from what I gather the model numbers mentioned above should fit.

Dropped Foz here I come, now I just need some gold 18s and my DP installed.

Thanks.

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts