Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm heading to my first ever Porsche club driving event at 6am...I miss the turn off according to the online map, so I decide to use my phone's GPS to find an alternate route. It sends me through a familiar road, but then turns onto a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and says to continue 3 miles to destination. It'd rained the previous day, and it didn't look like anything the Forester couldn't handle, so I went on. Not 200 ft go by and the fozzy starts drifting sideways...:rock: IT WAS FUN! I kept going for about a mile through the muddy road until it reached a high point where I had to stop and check out how far I'd come. LUCKY there was enough room to turn around, the rest of the way was completely flooded: waist high deep from what I could see of the nearby fence posts. :p So I head back and realize that I had left some huge ruts after the foz just stops, I struggled for some time going back and forth several feet trying to get out, back way up and find a high point to cross over the ruts. After about 30mins of craziness and several tries, I made it back to the main road. I got out and took this pic...nothing broke though...just got REAAAALLLLY dirty. I just found about a plastic bags worth of mud clumps in the garage today and a muddy engine bay.
Y'all should of seen the people's faces as they drove by on the expway...and the carwash attendant...LMAO!

Thank you Fozzy!

After all that drama, I finally made it the PCA driving event and had a blast watching all the drifts/spinouts and the nice cars out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
You call that dirty? Looks like some one accidentally splashed a cup of bad coffee on a headlight, that's all.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it doesn't look that bad in the pic, but in person...its really dirty. I still haven't been able to take off all of the mud...need to find a lift and a pressure washer...

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
You call that dirty? Looks like some one accidentally splashed a cup of bad coffee on a headlight, that's all.
if you look down the car you can see the mud, im sure there are muddier foz's out there, but this is one of the muddier foz's that i have seen

·
Registered
2011 WRX
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woah, I washed it myself today...I found chunks of mud and splatter in the engine bay and chunks of mud and gravel lodged in the strut cups/suspension/underbody panels/exhaust/rear bumper...I shoveled it of my driveway. Glad I took it to the car wash twice that same day, it woulda been worse. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts