Front fits right in!
But having problems with the rear!

Will keep you all posted! image.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT cvt
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
okay, sorry if I mislead, stock rims don't clear...so i have 23mm widetread spacer to clear it.

these calipers are from GRB impreza STI spec C(in Japan).

but regular, GRB impreza sti brembo should fit.

also, GDB impreza STI brembos should fit too.

Front does not need any fabrication if you are using multi-pcd rotors.
rear, well you need fabrication.

·
Registered
09 SH9 AT
52 Posts
Put on a good pair of rotors, and some sporty pads. I always get Project Mu HC+ pads. They stop like hell and never fade. You can get the size for STI RGB Brembo calipers. My tuner actually bumped his face against the steering wheel and got himself a bruise because pushed the brakes too fast....

·
Registered
2014 F-XT CVT
227 Posts
??

M32,
you're running a 23mm spacer between the hub & rim so the brake calipers will clear the wheels spokes? will this adversely affect your steering and bump response as well as bearing life?

thanks

okay, sorry if I mislead, stock rims don't clear...so i have 23mm widetread spacer to clear it.

these calipers are from GRB impreza STI spec C(in Japan).

but regular, GRB impreza sti brembo should fit.

also, GDB impreza STI brembos should fit too.

Front does not need any fabrication if you are using multi-pcd rotors.
rear, well you need fabrication.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Yeah it sounds like you will need at least 23mm to clear OEM wheel. Spacers will not affect your steering and bump response....I never had those issues on prior cars. It does ultimately stress out your wheel bearings causing pre-mature wear but who knows how long it takes before bearings wear. I ran 30mm spacers before on previous car for 30k miles then down to 20mm spacers for another 20k miles with no issues. So its hard to say how the 14 xt bearings will hold. Track cars run spacers all the time up to 50mm for long periods at a time while pushing the car to its limit. As long as you properly install and torque the spacers to spec there shouldn't be problems and of course get spacers that are well known and made, like project kics, H&R, ect.

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Any more details on install?^ Nice to see pics and all but worthless without information on install and parts to buy, ect. lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts