Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted my new forge Piston Recirculating Valve, change out some gaskets on the intercooler and swapped the normal clamps for some uprated ones for a more air tight fit

and wow what a differants :woohoo:
was having some issuse with what i thought was tubo spooling nosie (which clearly was'nt) :confused: and did'nt feel like i was boosting right
well thats all gone and the beast is back and kicking :banana: - happy out cant wait for the other mods to go on then and my map tweek :bling:

if your going to fit the forge on to the foz with the sti intercooler you will need a impreza bypass valve and the connecting pipe as the one of the foz is not wide enough for the valve

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok OMG im just back from a proper test drive and i can safely say ive been driving around on half power for the last 6months
you know when your driving something for a while you get use to it, i reckon she is well near the 290bhp mark,
im even thinking do i really need to install the new mods i had planned.
sports cat
uppipe
550cc injectors
3port boost

im that happy with it..................ill wait a while and see if this feeling wears off and make my mind up then

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
ok OMG im just back from a proper test drive and i can safely say ive been driving around on half power for the last 6months
you know when your driving something for a while you get use to it, i reckon she is well near the 290bhp mark,
im even thinking do i really need to install the new mods i had planned.
sports cat
uppipe
550cc injectors
3port boost

im that happy with it..................ill wait a while and see if this feeling wears off and make my mind up then
EFA:biggrin:

OMG im just back from a proper test drive, I reckon she is well near the 290bhp mark, I'm even thinking do I really need to install the new mods I had planned, I'm that happy with it..................i'll wait a while and see if this feeling wears off and make my mind up then. Well I've been driving around for the last six months and you know when your driving something for a while you get use to it.

sports cat
uppipe
550cc injectors
3port boost

You know you'll want to fit them:icon_wink:

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
What were the 'uprated clips' that you fitted Coops ? Mine just has the normal jubilee clips on all the hoses etc.

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
1997 S/TB
245 Posts
You could've just hit the stock valve with a hammer. Works an absolute charm.

Course you've got to know how hard to hit.....
Reminds me of the story of the old print engineer that retired. A few months down the line, he gets an urgent call asking him to return as the printer has broken down. He goes in, and looks over the whole machine, then puts a chalk cross on one particular part of the machine, and tells them the problem is there. They remove the panel and the old man is correct, the machine is fixed.
The man sends them an invoice for £25,000.
A few days later the old man receives a call asking him to give a breakdown of the work done, as they can't quite understand the cost.
He sends them a breakdown which reads:
Piece of chalk : £1
Knowing where to put the chalk cross: £24,999
:biggrin:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Sounds like the 'turbo spooling noise' (there being no such thing a turbo makes a noise when pumping whether its 'spooling' or not!) was an airleak......

Simon

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indeed it was Simon , all good now ;)
going to get rolling road done again soon

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
you gotta love ACE Parts, Not sure how they do stuff so cheap! - very good to deal with too.

if you buy the wrong bit, they dont even want it back.... they just send the right parts to you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts