Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally managed to get ourselves a Forester today :woohoo: 2.5xte auto on an 06 plate. Only driven it back 60 miles from the dealer but we both got :biggrin: on our faces. Had an Impreza for last 5 years which sadly will have to go now but feel the Forester is going to provide just as much fun even though its 50bhp less.
We're in SE London - epicentre of the off-road world :icon_wink: and wondered if there's anyone else this way?
One question - the handbook refers to a keypad which forms part of the ignition/security system - where is it?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Key pad in what would normally be the coin tray... below and to the right of the steering wheel. Congrats on finding a Forester - had a couple of Imprezas myself and can say that the Forester is as much fun but in slightly different ways. Don't worry about the drop in BHP, that can be sorted pretty easily!

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
We're in SE London - epicentre of the off-road world :icon_wink: and wondered if there's anyone else this way?
Nice one matey. :woohoo:

Where about are you in SE London..? I'm over Orpington/BigginHill way ish.

If you're looking for some "club action" then get your donkey over to SurreyScoobies. Next meet is this Sunday @ 1:00, and we have the TV room in the pub booked out for the British GP. Best club for flippin miles around :biggrin:

Surreyscoobies Monthly Meet - Surrey Scoobies

Rich

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one matey. :woohoo:

Where about are you in SE London..? I'm over Orpington/BigginHill way ish.
If you're looking for some "club action" then get your donkey over to SurreyScoobies. Next meet is this Sunday @ 1:00, and we have the TV room in the pub booked out for the British GP. Best club for flippin miles around :biggrin:
Surreyscoobies Monthly Meet - Surrey Scoobies
Rich
We're Plumstead Common / Welling borders - can't make this weekend but thanks for the invite. Will keep an eye on the SS forum.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Congrats on the Foz, You'll find it just as much fun as the Pretzle (and people wont say your driving a chav wagon anymore.) :biggrin: I'm in Grove Park, you may see me booting about Lewisham in my tatty old Green Foz.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
We're Plumstead Common / Welling borders - can't make this weekend but thanks for the invite. Will keep an eye on the SS forum.
2nd Sunday of every month matey :biggrin: Also 5 or 6 Foresters in the club now :woohoo:

·
Registered
161 Posts
The folks at surreyscoobies are very knowledgeable and helpful and it is worth joining the club (paid member) for the advice as well as the parts you can pick up for peanuts.

I have yet to get my backside down to one of the meets (oops) but have saved a fortune on parts and sensible tunning advice - most of the Foz owners are a little older and wiser and therefore arent after pure HP figures.

As above - I have a WRX that is great fun but the Foz does everything I will ever need, if I had to have just one car it would be adios WRX.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally managed to get ourselves a Forester today :woohoo: 2.5xte auto on an 06 plate. Only driven it back 60 miles from the dealer but we both got :biggrin: on our faces. Had an Impreza for last 5 years which sadly will have to go now but feel the Forester is going to provide just as much fun even though its 50bhp less.
One question - the handbook refers to a keypad which forms part of the ignition/security system - where is it?
I had a nice big smile on my face when I got mine. That was coming from a 1.4 306!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 2.5XTen PPP
74 Posts
Congratulations on the Foz:icon_cool: I bought an 07 Xten with PPP about 4 months ago and absolutely love it, you know when you like a car because you find any excuse to drive it. I used to own a classic Imprexa wagon, this thing is faster and more fun in lots of ways.

Do any Foz owners meet up regularly in the North West?

Steve.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Do any Foz owners meet up regularly in the North West?
We do a Yorkshire Dales run occasionally, and i'm gonna look at a run to the lakes too.

·
Registered
2007 2.5XTen PPP
74 Posts
I'm ashamed to say that even though the Lakes are on my doorstep (from North Manchester), I very rarely venture up that way. Perhaps a run out in the Foz will be the perfect excuse.

We took it to Anglesey last month and it was very well suited to all the A and B roads, the Impreza would have been faster in the bends but it could sometimes wear you out with the rock hard ride. It surprised a few folks there!

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
had my xt for a couple of years now and im just getting there with the mods! i still get a huge grin when i put my foot down especially now i have the 3" milltek fitted:biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Went to Norwich at the weekend and gave the car it's first real run and must say we weren't disappointed :woohoo:
Couple of points.
Firstly, the Satnav. Although we didn't need it, we played around with the various options just to see it 'pointed us in the right direction' which thankfully it did. However, we're not keen on the single-line graphics and wondered if it's possible to get a TomTom or google-style graphic instead? Perhaps there's a setting we've overlooked? If not is there a suitable download we can buy? It's a 2.5xte on an 06-plate if that were to make any difference.
Secondly,do Forester owners acknowledge each other - wave, flash headlights etc as most owners used to when I was in the Impreza . . . passed a couple and totally blanked :icon_frown:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Secondly,do Forester owners acknowledge each other - wave, flash headlights etc as most owners used to when I was in the Impreza . . . passed a couple and totally blanked :icon_frown:
I rarely get any acknowledgement back from other Forester drivers around me....mainly because they are so close to death that using any energy for activities other than clinging to the steering wheel may cause them to expire. I don't want that on my concience. :raspberry:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I rarely get any acknowledgement back from other Forester drivers around me....mainly because they are so close to death that using any energy for activities other than clinging to the steering wheel may cause them to expire. I don't want that on my concience. :raspberry:
I always see 4 of the same foresters in the Maidenhead area, 1 silver SG5 like mine, A green SG, White SF and I think a blue SG. I have flashed them but...never anything back so I don't bother now:icon_redface:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
There are one or two that acknowledge you (and the odd Impreza owner) but I think it's dying out even amongst Impreza drivers these days.

Sadly NDS is right about some of the Forester owners round my way. Still, it keeps us under the radar from plod and I don't have chavs in Clios trying to race me like I used to in my Imprezas.

Perhaps we need to instigate a secret handshake or something? (I was going to say "secret flash" but it sounded a bit inappropriate ;o)

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are one or two that acknowledge you (and the odd Impreza owner) but I think it's dying out even amongst Impreza drivers these days.

Sadly NDS is right about some of the Forester owners round my way. Still, it keeps us under the radar from plod and I don't have chavs in Clios trying to race me like I used to in my Imprezas.

Perhaps we need to instigate a secret handshake or something? (I was going to say "secret flash" but it sounded a bit inappropriate ;o)
Have a secret flashing patern.. HB, Fogs,HB,HB...lol:biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
I have to say I notice the Pretzel boys slyly checking out the Fozzie. I think it's because the Fozzies are a better looking car than the Pretzels. They look like a Preztels big brother.. On steroids.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
I can usually pretty much tell whether I'm going to get an acknowledgement back:

YES
the other debadged FSTi local to me
other SurreyScoobies members
other regional scooby club members (Kent, Sussex etc)
FSTis

MAYBE
Impreza STis
anything obviously tuned or tweaked (eg riding lower than standard)
Black SG XTs

NO
non-turbo anythings
WRXs
WRX wagons
anything driven by a lady
SGs
SF Farmers cars
Legacys

That being said, I still wave/flash everyone :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts