Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo, I went looking for a good deal on a trailer hitch in Toronto and after much research I ended up at U-Haul! Can you believe it? They were the cheapest and their warranty is $5. The small hitch guys couldn't even come close. I will post pics when I get my car back and I will say that for $330 it is not a bad deal including hitch, wiring, draw bar, and ball with labor included too. It's a type 2 hitch that I got for pulling this:

It's a 1970's boat and a little rough around the edges, but it runs mint and I got it for a really CHEAP price. Can't wait to get out on the water this summer. Anyone got a cottage or spot they use and need some company? I will also post up about how it is to pull this thing with my 98'. I look forward to more fishing trips this year. Anyone else pull boats with their Fozzie? I am very excited to see how this will go.

Nadeem

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, picking up the boat worked! I drove 150kms with it and it was actually really good except at highway speed going up BIG hills. I had to drop it into 4th and rev it pretty high to hold speed. So far so good. Did a lot of work on the boat this weekend including rewiring the whole thing and putting in some other little creature comforts like a cd player. I will post some pics when I can.

Nadeem

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,412 Posts
Check the rear transom on that baby. Boats rot there first and take a beating from the engine weight. Now you need to get a boat license too. It's mandatory now.

I pull this with no problems.

·
Registered
2008 2.5x ll beaner
632 Posts
Hi guys, that boat is looking pretty sweet. I picked up a OEM hitch with wiring for $110.00 (mint) no ball though but I think I got a pretty good deal. Wouldn't you? Gonna try and put it on today..Time to read some more..
Have a good one! I'll have pic's later..I need to downlod the bash plate pic's too but that's another thread...

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys, that boat is looking pretty sweet. I picked up a OEM hitch with wiring for $110.00 (mint) no ball though but I think I got a pretty good deal. Wouldn't you? Gonna try and put it on today..Time to read some more..
Have a good one! I'll have pic's later..I need to download the bash plate pic's too but that's another thread...
That is a damn good price. Be careful moving the exhaust around to put in the hitch. I would recommend disconnecting instead of just removing the hangers and wiggling the hitch in. An OEM muffler is expensive.

Nadeem

·
Administrator
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice boat Nadeem!
We should meet up sometime and do a boating trip... The lake is too random here to predict any conditions in advance though.
What lake? It is iffy going on any big lake as I have gotten stuck before with other boats. This one is tri-hull so it stays pretty stable even in rough waters though. Are there any small lakes around you with fish in them?

Nadeem

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.