Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0 xt Tour
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a whole lot of money at the end of 2006 and bought an Audi TT Quattro 225hp Coupe. Thought it was the last car I would by of that type, and, as it turned out it was, but not because it was a wonderful ride, so to speak.

I have a total of 18 thousand miles on the Tt, as it did sit in storage for one year and the rest of the time it was more of a piece os sculpture than a moving automobile. Sat in a heated garage for two years, then when we moved one year in storage and then one year of about 5k in miles.

During that time I have been to the Audi Dealer ( 1 1/2 hour away..not good) for countless false codes on the instrument cluster, a replacement of the master cylinder, the vacuum boost system and more airbag replacements that I can remember. Then the recall came in the mail to take the car to the dealer for coilpacks, and then there were the rattles and other noises that the dealer could not figure out. This last then, install new coilpacks has pushed me over the edge. Selling it , if I can.

Interesting..during the same time we had and Outback that we drove most of the time, put on about 6 times the amount of miles and guess what..Not ONE THING gone wrong. And that includes towing stuff, like when we moved, did landscaping, etc., etc. Then there were the mountain trips.

Audi TT..good to look at. Functionability: a 2 out of 10.

Glad I just got a new Forester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good bye pain in the donkey TT.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Limited
17 Posts
I got rid of my gorgeous but unpractical (and now Chinese) Volvo C30 T5 R Design for my new 2010 Forester XT Limited w/SatNav.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
2008 Audi TT of my gf has given me more headaches in the last 2 years than all the cars I have owned in the last 15 yrs. It has been at the dealerhip once every couple of months: every 600 miles oil light comes on, moisture in the tailights, paint in the interior controls flaking, roof leaking...

I have even considered changing girlfriends...so that I can forget about the damn TT...
I do love the 2.0 engine mated to the DSG though.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5 XS
22 Posts
2008 Audi TT of my gf has given me more headaches in the last 2 years than all the cars I have owned in the last 15 yrs. It has been at the dealerhip once every couple of months: every 600 miles oil light comes on, moisture in the tailights, paint in the interior controls flaking, roof leaking...

I have even considered changing girlfriends...so that I can forget about the damn TT...
I do love the 2.0 engine mated to the DSG though.
I know the same headaches. It's not an Audi, but it is the "people's car" made by the same company. The Volkswagen. In the last 7 years I have been with various girls, their cars including 2 VW Jettas, 1 VW Rabbit, and 1 Volvo (not a VW, but same track record in my experience). I have torn more cars apart, replaced more stupidly expensive trinkets, rolled my eyes at creaks, codes, cracks and gimmicks (anyone put a drink in those exquisitely flimsy pop-out cup-holders? :huh: I don't like wearing my Dr. Pepper, thank you anyway VW).

My latest chick has my eyes, and possibly my heart more than any girl in the last decade, but she drives a Jetta, and I just don't know how much more I can take.

Maybe I'll let her borrow the Forester tomorrow, and find a new home for the Jetta in the Mojave.. I'm free tomorrow..

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Original TT was a fancy Beetle which IIRC was one of the most problematic VW's ever. As much as we loved both our VW's , they always had stupid little problems including the brand new one, and I'd never buy one again . You'd think the Germans with their "perfection of engineering" would lick these little problems but they're so commonplace.

Welcome !

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
Welcome porttac to the wonderful world of Foz :bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
Stupid gf's '08 TT oil consumption, oil light comes on every 600 miles.

Can a faulty pressure relieve valve in the crankcase be the culprit for high oil consumption??

That's what the dealer replaced today instead of performing an oil consumption test.

·
Banned
2000 Forester L
315 Posts
We almost traded the gf's Jetta in on a TT 225 6MT coupe last week. It only had 60k but, it was due any day for a TB service and I thought it would be silly to buy a car that needed that right away. I did put about 50 miles on it the day after a good snowfall anyways though.:woohoo:

if you look closely you can see the lights of Lambeau Field in the back ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts