Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished with an awesome mountain bike ride. Came out the trail head and saw my baby.

Freaking love it even more now that the wheels are painted.

Anyways, just had to share an "I love my car" moment.

I told me wife that the current combo of cars we have is by far my favorite. And I have had some sweet cars. I don't even know what it is, but I just love these damned things.

That is all. Have a good night. HAHAHA

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
I don't even know what it is, but I just love these damned things.
I know what you mean. I've owned much more comfortable vehicles, roomier vehicles, more stylish vehicles, or much faster vehicles...but the Sube has a certain blend of qualities that I really enjoy.

Plus, I don't get lectured by my kids about driving a vehicle that almost singlehandedly raised the mean global temperature 2 degrees around anymore. And that's always a good thing.:biggrin:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean. I've owned much more comfortable vehicles, roomier vehicles, more stylish vehicles, or much faster vehicles...but the Sube has a certain blend of qualities that I really enjoy.
Exactly. I think it's because it's a jack of all trades and master of none. Well, they have mastered making their owners very happy.

My previous car was a 2004 Acura TL. Almost twice the power this had, MANY MANY MANY more creature comforts and luxuries, MUCH more style, Way better looking, got BETTER gas mileage, etc... etc...

Before that I had a 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road with a 6 speed. Sweet looking truck but I hated it.

Had many other cars that are "nicer" than the Forester. Heck, my Outback is WAY nicer than the Forester, but I still love them both.
But I would take either of these Subarus over that car. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. HAHAHA

Just funny and I had to comment since I find my wife and I saying how much we love our cars now so much more often than we did before.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I work in a barn/shed, and my car is parked just outside of it. I have those little 'moments' all the time. Also walking into a store, I do the 'look back' sometimes. People look at me funny, but I don't care. :biggrin:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHAHA Please tell me you look at the cars reflection in shiny store windows as you're driving by too! ;)

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Yep, I do! LOL!!! And tanker trucks.

·
Registered
06 Forester STi
73 Posts
And walk out to the garage, just to make sure she is locked and safe for the night . . . :icon_redface:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Ahhaha I want one of those!! Wow I'm going to be away from my car all weekend so I'm driving it as much as possible tomorrow cuz I'm going to miss it :awkward: but <3 my Subie!

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
I love when I can drive the speed limit, people zoom by me, but as soon as the turns come up....you best get out of my way, cuz I aint slowing down!! Rear sway bar is in need now...

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's precisely what my Forester is. Outback is the nicer travel car (A.K.A. The wife's), and my fozzy is the workhorse. Just happens to be a nice workhorse... HAHA

·
Registered
03 Forseter XS
10 Posts
thank god you guys do that too! i thought i was alone and crazy for staring at it at work, and when i drive by windows that i can see reflections in, checking on it at night, etc etc....im not alone!!

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
All I can say is "Whoopdi do for my Subaru!" (Does anyone else remember that ancient commercial? I don't know what it was for, but remember the old lady in saying that line!)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Hahaha! This tread is funny. At work I park my FXT so I can see it easily. Oh! And I kind of stress out when someone pass by it! hahaha!:crazy:

What I like. It's when I see someone pass by and checking it out like if it was a Ferrari or something! It gives me a warm feeling in my heart every time! :rock::raspberry:

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude you must have some crazy mods if people are wondering if it's a Ferrari HAHAHA I keed I keed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts