Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester 25i CVT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It was my first post that started this thread, and I was a bit unhappy with the ride. Perhaps 3 or 4 weeks driving helped, but I am now very happy with these Weatherready tires. Our streets here are badly potholed and I guess that did not help, though my previous tires did not seem so bad. They are smooth on highway pavement. I was out in very heavy rain back in November, on a hilly and twisting highway and felt like I was driving on railway tracks. Not that I have ever gone sliding in the rain, using other tires, but these new tires showed quite a grip. In the meantime, up in Northern Ontario, we got hit by a long stretch of minus 30 to 40C temps and I am sure by now we have had 2 to 3 FEET of snow. Snowbanks are terrible. These Weatherready tires have a much better grip on cold snowpacked streets and great traction in any snowfall. Very impressive tires.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT
178 Posts
After seeing all these glowing comments about this tire, I think after my Michelin Premiers wear out I'll be getting these. Anyone on here switch to these Weatherready's from a Michelin Premier?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife’s 2018 XT has about 29k on the OEM Bridgestones and no longer shed water very well. I’d rather replace just before winter but I got an e-mail today for $300 off a set of four at my favorite local tire place (Mr. Tire). Are you folks still happy with yours? We have relatively mild winters here in southwestern West Virginia but I like to drive to the mountains and play in the snow.

How are these tires in summer? Rain? I’m about to bite the bullet for that $300 rebate. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT
636 Posts
Still going great! Put another 4,000 miles since my last post. $300 is a great rebate. These are very well designed tires that perform quite well.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
2014 Forester XT. I just replaced a set of Michelin Premier A/S with Goodyear Weatherready's. I have 1/4 mile driveway that is 15% grade with 8" of snow Thursday. The Premier were ... worthless. Wouldn't climb. Wouldn't hold a line. Wouldn't allow any braking coming back down without sliding sideways. Premier's were chains required. They weren't new, but had about 50% tread if not more. Weatherready is night and day. I can stop anywhere, up or down. I can go after stopping, no problem. One sideways slip but only when I was pretty aggressive on the brakes on the most side-sloped part of the drive. I was concerned about noise and ride, but time will tell. So far quiet, but, they are new. Snow performance is good enough to eliminate the need for putting on the chains I'm guessing up to at least 12" snow, which means the wife can drive the car when she needs to. Expensive tires. One side swipe into a tree will pay for them several times over. Very happy so far.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i MT
261 Posts
On my '17, the OEM Yoko's were great in snow on grades such as yours... until they were not, at about 10K miles of wear.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring
2 Posts
We will see how long the Goodyear's last. I'm hoping to get 2 seasons out of them.

·
Registered
09 forester
172 Posts
I have them on my wife's Accord, and daughter's Focus. With the rebate , the price was the best I could find for a comprable tire. They ride quiet.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 25i CVT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I am in Northern Ontario and in my second winter with these tires....My front/back tread depth is 8/32 and 9/36 respectively. Still going strong in our harsh winters.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts