Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals-

I'm seriously considering a 235/50/18 on my Forester. I need a bit longer gearing, plus I'm guessing it will fill out those humongoid wheel wells nicely.

Does anybody have a good shot of this size tire on their Forester?

thanks in advance,

-D

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah I would love to see a pic of it from a distance to see the cars stance.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Also, on the last image, I am having a difficult time telling just how much clearance you have between the tire and the strut.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no rubbing - nice. What is the suspension setup and the offset of the wheels? Ride quality?

225/45 may be a better option than trying to squeeze a 235/50 in there.

thanks

_D

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
291 Posts
This XT rides on KYB struts and King springs - it's firm but certainly not harsh :cool:

I'm not 100% sure of the wheel offset right now, but I'll check later and post it up here for you

Cheers
Andrew

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
It's not that.. he's running a tire size that is 5.7% smaller than stock, which means his new tire size is 1.5" smaller in diameter than stock, so he now effectively dropped his car 0.75", and he increased his tire-wheel well gap by 0.75"

ZuMBLe said:
You my friend, need to lower your car.

Q

·
0 Posts
twg said:
It's not that.. he's running a tire size that is 5.7% smaller than stock, which means his new tire size is 1.5" smaller in diameter than stock, so he now effectively dropped his car 0.75", and he increased his tire-wheel well gap by 0.75"
???

225/45-18 circumference is only 0.71% smaller than stock 215/60-16.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts