Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this just dawned on me a few minutes ago... Thought maybe I'd start a thread on it here, and hope you post your stories here.... What good deeds have you done with your Fozzie/Subie?

I'll start.... Today I was on my way home driving along Batchellors Forest Road... It's a narrow windy road surrounded by forests, trees, and no streetlights or stoplights.... Anyways, I saw a dog walking, limping in the middle of the road. A really skinny Dalmation... Likely no more than a year or two old... No collar or tags... She had scars on her head and legs.... Looked like she had either been in the woods for a while or had been abused... Anyways, I gave her water and some crackers (Left all my dog food at home :icon_frown:) And once I had her trust, Picked her up, and drove her to the Montgomery County Humane Society in Rockville... Apparently when I called the emergency animal services line they told me they would send someone that would arrive in the next 20min-2hours... And they said I could leave the dog there.... :chair: Shows how much people care... Anyways, took the dog to the humane society, where I had her checked in, and shes in good hands now! :woohoo: I couldn't have done the job without my Fozzie :biggrin: Sorry I didn't take any pics.... too caught up in the moment

So this begs the question... What good deeds have you done with your Fozzie?

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I've pulled 5-10 people out of ditches in the Outback, and picked up a couple stray dogs on the side of the road... one of which lives with us now.

Back before we got the Foz, we had an '03 OBW (like my '00, but green instead). I was 13 or 14 I guess. On the way to Memphis one day, my stepdad and I were following a man in a pickup. He appeared to run a carpet cleaning business of some sort, judging by the bed contents.
We were about 10 secs behind him on a 65mph 4 lane highway, when a loaded dump-truck attempted to cross the road at speed (blowing through a stop sign). T-boned the pickup at 40mph. The carpet cleaning stuff flew straight up in the air, and landed some 100 yards away. My stepdad (retired USCG search and rescue) hauled down on the brakes and we stopped, got out, and dad went over to check on him. I called an ambulance. He had a huge gash in his arm and was unconscious. Not breathing. Dad gave him mouth to mouth, and was able to get him to come to. Then he got the mega-first aid kit from the back of the Outback, drenched the wound (was bleeding like crazy) did a temporary stitch job, and wrapped it. When the ambulance got there, they loaded him up, got dad's name and number, and took the guy to the hospital. The guy's wife called the next day and thanked dad for saving his life. Made dad cry (and here I am getting all misty-eyed).

Guess there's something to be said for the things you learn in the military! :icon_eek: Hopefully we never have the same encounter in the Foz. I think mom helped some highschool girl change a tire on the freeway last year while in the Forester, but I was out of town.

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
692 Posts
I picked up my boss during the last snow storm because his "truck" couldn't make it out of his driveway and the county didn't plow his street. I really didn't have to pick him up, I just wanted to "brag" about the Forester's capabilities in the snow.

Michael

·
Registered
Forester-less :(
471 Posts
I've picked up a few strays as well =) I'm a sucker for it. Anyone who knows me knows me well. If I spot a dog anywhere running off leash I WILL HUNT it down. They were all more than happy to hop into the back of the foz. So far I have found all of the owners but one, and that one is still with me.. lol! I just find the nearest vet and get them scanned for a chip, and the other two had tags. I get very angry to find off leash dogs and even more angry when the owners don't think it's a big deal when I return them and explain their dog was darting through 5 0'clock traffic :evilatyou: Some people just don't deserve the companionship of dogs.

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
815 Posts
Perhaps this isn't as worthy of accolades as some of the other stories shared here, but i helped a good friend of mine bring all the beverages he bought for his wedding this weekend to the church where the ceremony and reception will be held.

With just the backseats folded down, I hauled 120 bottles of water and 372 cans of soft drinks, and I could STILL see through my rear window! :woohoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts