Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Wanted to get your opinion on an 08 fsxt that I found on autotrader.

The carfax came back clean, and the dealer has been very helpful.

It has 25,420 miles, 5spd, stock car, and its AW w/USDM Forester 17" STi rims.

What do you think is a good price for the car?

19K?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The person traded it in for a 4Runner because he need a vehicle to be able to tow more weight. No its not a Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
If this is the one for sale in Mass Bob Lurvey is a major dink. I called about this car and he was unsure if he wanted to sell it to me. First off the car is missing the front lip underspoiler, the rear seat headrest, the badges are missing, the engine cover is gone and the rear bumper was notched out to fit a POS dual tip bosal muffler. If there is this much stuff missing or cobbed I cant imagine what other stuff has been done to this vehicle. STAY AWAY!

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
O yeah I forgot to mention, If you plan on buying this car for 19000 its a rip off. The guy originally had this posted for 17999 on auto trader until he found out he had a rare car. Dont give this guy your money!!!! As for the service records there are none. I talked to the original owner and he said he changed his own oil every 3000-3500 miles. I believe he used synthetic which I am personally not a fan of using in a turbo'd car.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Why no synthetic in a turbo car? Never heard that one before.

19k does sound a bit high, especially if you have to ship it. But, if you really want this car, what's a few bucks?

Stan

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
Synthetic oil for a turbo'd car is just way too thin. The purpose of synthetic is to go longer between oil changes and as for a turbo'd car I would not reccommend doing that. The truth of the matter is oil companies and places like Midas and Pep Boys are praising about the cons of synthetic oil for the sole purpose of turning out a bigger profit and not to improve the performance of your car. Synthetic is a waste of money and once you use it you cant go back to convectional. So unless if you are a race car driver and got a thick wallet I say its not worth it.

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$17.9 is the price of the car.....its a rare car because its a Sports XT that's a 5spd and its Aspen White.

Synthetic is what I use in my 02 WRX Wagon, and its what is recommended by the tuners in Cali.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
74 Posts
IMO, CarFax is pretty much useless, since not everything is entered there
IMHO it has its uses, people just put to much value on it. Carfax is only useless if the carfax comes in clean. If it hits and keeps you away from a potentially bad purchase, then it's great!

In other words, Carfax should only be used as an indicator of a "bad" car- NOT as an indicator of a "good" car.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,123 Posts
^^ I agree, it does have it use.

My '07 FSXT had way more history than was on the CarFax! I may have passed on it if I'd known all the details, but once I knew the details, it explained a lot of the issues, mostly cosmetic, that I had to address. Still, better than nothing, but don't assume the whole story will be on a CarFax! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only used Carfax to see where the car was originally registered, and to see if any other mileage was recorded when it was re-registered. When I go look at the car i'll make sure that all the panels are original, and that all the Vin numbers are where they are suppose to be.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Sounds like a nice car, white Foresters look great. Good luck, hope it works out for the best.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2006 G35 Sedan Auto
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I've seen on my WRX wagon: Hood and rear hatch, front and rear bumpers, and sometimes the door jams or doors themselves.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts