Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on my way home from cornwall popped into Foresters to pick up the wee beast on my way home.

Well she is back, and all i can say is ive really missed her. and after driving home from brum i know why. my car is sooooo good, and i dont care what anybody else says!!! took it reasonably easy on the way home, but i did make sure she still hit boost targets and she did! mostly cruised at 70 mph taking it easy for a few hundred miles a hundred of which are now done!

Anyway id like to say a big thanks to Al Mac for putting me onto foresters, and secondly Foresters for not taking the p1ss when others did and doing a bloody good job! when i got there they had pics of the tear down and rebuild of the engine showing all the bits coming out and going in!!

So it was definately worth sending it to them, both stand up guys who do a sterling job. i highly recommend them!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,669 Posts
Absolutely delighted for you! Top blokes Ivan and Sean, know Scoobys inside out. See you at the Nove meet.

ATVB

AM

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Woop woop! I'm sure the running in miles won't take long :biggrin:

·
Registered
2005 Forester PPP auto
42 Posts
Good news!

Pleased to hear all Ok Simon and that you had a good journey back

Must get out and buy some shares in Shell now that the beast is back on the road!!:icon_wink:

You still on for Friday ( see my pm)?

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Excellent.

That's the next 100k miles sorted then.

·
Registered
2009 XTEn Manual
99 Posts
Good news!
Ours will be going to them for services and therapy :)

·
Registered
2014 Fiesta Zetec S Manual
1,038 Posts
Good to see you got it sorted, I was worried you might break it for parts at one point.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,575 Posts
That's good news and good you didn't brake her after all this work!
Safe and happy miles now :)

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mike it was only £60!!!!! i wish...... but it was a dam sight better than originally quoted by most!

I had a few luxury items included though, like uprated oil pump and headbolts and gaskets which bumped the cost up quite a bit!

hopefully with the money spent she should be good for a while in the engine dept!

Dave W, shes still a beast. after a week of driving the "dirty d" she didnt half make me jump the first time i prodded the right pedal!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts