Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, got my first Subaru, a 2014 forester and had a 2" Curt hitch put on to haul our bikes around. Got an idea after I saw someone try to park waaaaay too close.

I went to Amazon and bought a Tow Ready 63058 Pintle Hook Receiver Mount AFTER calling the manufacture for a few dimensions.

I inverted it and it fit perfect to protect the bumper - it weighs a lot though.

Would keep the bike rack on but I hate hearing it rattle and seeing it in the reverse camera.

Side benefit, it will keep them thinking . . . what the heck does he tow with that Pintle mount . . . :confused:

·
Registered
2006 2006 & 2010 Forester automatic
2,245 Posts
Just make sure you live in an area that won't ticket you for having an "unused device" sitting in your receiver.

Where I live, leaving anything in is a $125 ticket. And yes, they ticket. They will even ticket for a basket. Unless your license plate is on the basket.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium CVT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just make sure you live in an area that won't ticket you for having an "unused device" sitting in your receiver.

Where I live, leaving anything in is a $125 ticket. And yes, they ticket. They will even ticket for a basket. Unless your license plate is on the basket.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Good advice. I have to look into that. I have had a bike rack, 99% of the time without bikes, on my other car for 2 years - I do not think they look for that around here, I may be wrong, BUT, I appreciate the heads up. I will look into it, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts