Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody knows of any (besides Jim Keras Subaru... ****ers) please post up ASAP. My trans is borked again and I'm 850 miles away from the dealer who fixed it 1200 miles ago. :mob:

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 3-4hrs away.

Tell ya what though... ended up taking it (well... it got towed the last 110 miles there...) to Darrell Waltrip Subaru south of Nashville. They were just fantastic. Before the car arrived I talked to the service manager for a while about the car, all the mods, and other basic stuff, and what the problem could be, and he was very knowledgeable. They obviously work on a few modded Subbies... I even saw another modded Outback while I was there... which is a rare sight.

When the car showed up on the flatbed, pretty much everyone came out of the garage and was asking what was wrong, and they immediately began to pour over it, checking underneath for leaks, checking the fluid, and just looking for obvious issues. They couldn't find any so they pulled it in to the shop to work on it some more. Keep in mind... this was with virtually no appointment, I called the evening before and wanted to know if they could squeeze me in. I rode back home with my parents in the Foz.

Next morning I'm out running errands in the Suburban, and I get a call saying that the car is fixed and ready to be picked up, and that Subaru of America is footing half the bill. There was a loose grounding wire left off from the previous dealer work in NC that needed to be reattached, and it was causing some major control problems in the transmission.

Bill was $250 for two hours of labor (troubleshooting... when I picked up the car it had 189 more miles on it than it did the day before, and a full tank of gas... they had to have worked for more than two hours) and a quart of ATF-HP to top off. So I paid $250 and Subaru sent me a check for half of that.

Two days later they called to see how it was doing, and it was fine. They just now called (before I came back to this thread) to see if it was still good, since they knew I'm leaving for school soon. How cool is that?

So.... Darrell Waltrip Subaru FTW.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
16 Posts
This is good to know... My wife's '05 XT needs a turbo, and I've been looking for a decent place to take it.

Thanks for the report!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts