Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 outback
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a rather long and very frustrating search I Finally found an XT that I was willing to pay for.
it’s not stock and it’s not an ‘05 like I would’ve preferred, but a lot of the mods are stuff that was on my list anyways, the previous owners just went the wrong direction with the suspension!:ROFLMAO:

2006 XT 4eat with 173,000

first “mod” complete! This is so much better than the factory key and separate fob. Super easy too, if you’ve been waiting, stop

and second “mod” complete. This isn’t as simple as the second gen outbacks, that’s a straight up plug and play. I had to bore out the opening with a dremel and files, then cut the connection apart to fit.

Next up to get this thing off the ground, I have to be SO careful going over speed bumps it’s driving me crazy!
JDM body bits will go, the coilovers will go in favor of factory stuff and the BRZ wheels will go in favor of smaller wheels with beefier tires.
I need to pick a double din unit as well.
And maintenance stuff.
then save for the eventual engine rebuild/replace/build.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,947 Posts
@senorlechero congratulations on the Forester XT purchase! Always good to see a member starting a new Members' Journal!

That looks like the key for my17.
That would be this popular remote fob upgrade!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2002 outback
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like the key for my17.

I have a power adapter plugged into my cig lighter for cell phone charging. No cig lighter in yours?

Glad you found something,, remember you looking a couple months back.
I replaced the 12v outlet with a Blue Sea dual USB, I don't use the cig lighter for anything other than my charge cables and this is much cleaner in my opinion.
Got a right fancy radiator there ,Kemosabe
You going back to stock height or higher?
Oh yeah! Initially I was only considering stock vehicles, but when I met these folks and saw that most of the mods were ones I had in mind anyway, I went for it.

I think I'll just go to stock, maybe 1-2" higher at most.

·
Registered
2002 outback
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the Grimm speed good struts today. It’s amazing how nice this is.

I went to install my Hella supertones and was dismayed that the horns aren’t where they were on my ‘02 outback, that install was super simple. From pop the hood to done was MAYBE 15 minutes
Where the heck are the horns on these things? :ROFLMAO:
I only broke one clip removing the grill

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,947 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts