Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

Love the idea of the functionality and economics of the Forester.

The one I am looking at:

2008 2.5X Auto
34,xxx miles
Dark Gray/Anthracit Black (Ext/Int)
They are asking $17,995 for it.

Based on some browsing through autotrader, this seems like a reasonable deal. Does this seem like a decent deal to all you experts?

I currently drive a 99 accord 4 cyl 5MT (~150 hp) so whether the 173 hp Forester is peppy enough for me to be ok with the N/A will depend on the test drive (hopefully tomorrow).

Any input on this particular offer?

Thanks for the time! It's been good reading through this forum - lots of good info and it makes me want a Subie!

-Brandon

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

The price is comparable to local similar offers. This is a sports 2.5x as well.

The big difference is this dealership I am shopping at offers a lifetime powertrain warranty (included in price). I just called that dealership you linked to and it is only a 5 year 60k mile warranty on powertrain.

With the warranty and the shape the car is in, I think it is a pretty good deal...

Thanks again for the reply! - I may be a Subie owner for the first time ever this evening....

-Brandon

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P.S. They just sent the "Autocheck" report and it was apparently leased as a rental vehicle at Chicago O'Hare and had some minor damage to the lift gate.

This sounds to me like they need to come down some more on price... Thoughts?

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
6 Posts
P.S. They just sent the "Autocheck" report and it was apparently leased as a rental vehicle at Chicago O'Hare and had some minor damage to the lift gate.

This sounds to me like they need to come down some more on price... Thoughts?

I would tend to agree with you. But i am a newbie so maybe someone else has an opinion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts