Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the lack of an outright power forum im posting this here first , happy to be moved .
Ive seen a few rotated turbo cars here, are there any things I should be made aware of before doing this in a forester as opposed to an impreza as most kits are created for the latter here in the uk..
I already have the biggest turbo you can get in stock position.
The engine is Built by Finch Motorsport uk and is due for a refresh , so while its out of the car ill do the clutch and hopefully go rotated .

I think most kits must be similar but I don't mind importing a kit from the U.S or anywhere else if its going to work .

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Refresh will comprise of a complete tear down .
parts replaced
ACL race bearings
Clevite h/p bearing set
RCM head gaskets , spec to my build
Subaru block seal kit
Rocker gaskets / cam seal ect
inspection of bores and rings .
Perhaps I worded my original post wrong omitting the fact that the engine is running better than it ever has done but in my experience this is the point where the motor will let go (sods law)
Plus im experiencing ……. clutch bounce , hence bringing a long term project forward as I don't want to have the engine in and out which is time consuming and inevitably expensive.
On another note I cant believe how long the clutch has lasted , 50k at 400 /500 hp(y)

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it looks like ive purchased a new turbo for this set up its a GT3582R ( I had good weekend on Ebay) Its externally waste gated capable of 675 hp , I think its reasonable to think I could get to the high side of this as I already have W/M injection.
Im having my house valued next week.....and working overtime .

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Getting the house valued" hahaha does Mrs Lockheed know you're selling yet? Hahaha
Yes She knows we have been experiencing some difficulties with some neighbours, and are getting out of dodge while the getting's good. We will be probably be moving to an up and coming town where house prices are cheaper (and probably the neighbours too)
This will free up a bit of cash . she wants another horse / pony and I want a much needed power up grade 🤣

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is your block CDB already?

You can use impreza downpipes on these to an extent, RCM do an Impreza rotated kit that's gold plated. Have a look at Tuning Developments and talk to Mike Jones. They have developed their own hand built exhausts and I have one for my MY15 STI. It's fantastic quality and Mike has even built their own rotated kit now which should fit your car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts