Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sti
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my silver 05 55 plate sti. What would be a reasonably expected price for it? It's got 27,000 miles, serviced at the dealer annually, just put 4 x new Vredstein Sessantas on it. Alloys could do with a cosmetic refurb and there is a small trolley ding in one of the doors. Apart from that in good condition inside and out. Bought from CP in Aug 2007. Comes with the original Pioneer HD stereo system (Japanese - but downloads CDs onto it's hard drive) as well as a standard subaru uk head unit from an 05 impreza sti that i never got round to fitting.

Any idea?

Barry.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Looking at Pistonheads and Carplanet sites around about 13-14K

·
Registered
2005 sti
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05 55 plate forester sti for sale

OK. Now up for sale - pics to follow tomorrow. Looking for £11K which I think represents excellent value for money!!
:woohoo:

Will be sadly missed. However, new car forces sale.

Thanks,

Barry.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
OK. Now up for sale - pics to follow tomorrow. Looking for £11K which I think represents excellent value for money!!
:woohoo:

Will be sadly missed. However, new car forces sale.

Thanks,

Barry.
That is cheap. What are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
2004 Forester Sti 6 MT
723 Posts
Wow, that's about the cheapest facelift that I've seen and the miles are pretty low too.
Still, probably very close to the realistic price that it will acheive seeing as some FSTI's are on sale for 6 months or more, reduce in price month by month and probably sell around that.

Good Luck! Hope you get a quick sale

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Are you in Aberdeen? Could be interested but that's about as inconvenient from London as I can think of!!

Can you pm me with full details and we'll have a chat.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts

·
Registered
2008 BMW 130i Manual
194 Posts
Not sure if there's something funny going on with that pic, but it looks like your front tyre is on the wrong way round on the second pic? The arrows should point forwards on a directional tyre as far as I'm aware?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Not sure if there's something funny going on with that pic, but it looks like your front tyre is on the wrong way round on the second pic? The arrows should point forwards on a directional tyre as far as I'm aware?
arrows...what arrows...?

The sessantas look on the same way as mine judging by the tread patern:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Yes the Goodyears do but sessantas don't have an "arrow" tread pattern

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Yes the sessantas don't come in symmetrical matching pairs - they are identical on each corner if that makes sense.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I was reading in one of the reviews in a tyre site that due to this the car does not handle the same on right and left bends (but is not too much of a problem).
Has anyone noticed this? I have already bought a set anyway, waiting to be fitted next week but don't want to be caught out.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
I was reading in one of the reviews in a tyre site that due to this the car does not handle the same on right and left bends (but is not too much of a problem).
Has anyone noticed this?
Nope not noticed this in the slightest...can't see it making much difference if any.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts