Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2017 XT with a Nameless catback exhaust muffler delete a Perrin up pipe and aftermarket TMIC tha i just installed. Are there anything else that i should install before going to the tuner? dont want any crazy power just want a fast but reliable car. i put a engine and CVT oil cooler on the car because i want to keep the car running good. also have a Craford AOS that was installed soon after i got the car. but i dont want to have to take any of this stuff off for the smog test. haha. just the tune ..

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I'd recommend a Grimmspeed EBCS. It'll make your tuner's life a lot easier, and will allow them to better tune your car. If possible, a charge pipe and BPV will also help to keep the air flowing smoothly and everything in spec with where you want it. The plastic pieces in there from the factory aren't the best for getting extra power. If you have to get smog tested, leave the EGR and TGV systems. You'll get more power without them, but smog testing might be sketchy.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Having experimented with TGV deletes in the past: not worth it unless you are going for BIG power, which it doesn’t seem like you are.

Not sure if equal-length headers will benefit any with the stock turbo or not. Guessing not.

If your aftermarket intercooler is a bar-and-plate type (eg: almost all of them): installing an intercooler-sprayer/mister can have some benefits for managing heat-soak. I’m in the midst of doing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
The Tinman Rides Again
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing