Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e-brake light has been on for the last week of so...at first, only when cold. Now, it is on all the time. Any ideas on why this is happening?

I have switched to LGT rears about 3-4 months ago, but have had no issues since then...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT-5MT
425 Posts
Is your Fluid low?? My light comes on when my fluid drops below the LOW line.... Hopefully its something easy... :shrug:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
My friend had the same thing happen in his SF. It started off coming on only early in th emorning, then started happening all the time. It was exactly what SuB4U said, brake fluid was low.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips..and linky. I will do a closer inspection of fluid, and check for leaks...We were having a weeping problem in the rear, but thought we solidified the leak.

BTW, rear pads are new and I think (thought) the fronts have plenty left. Also...I know that this is the universal brake light, but only seems to occur when I pull the e-brake....Ohh yeah, I live on a 20% grade hill, so the light is on more often than not, and doesn't seem to flicker.

Will report manana after checking fluid...

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Saw this thread and adding fluid to the Leggy fixored it! The light has been on for 2 years now...the fluid wasn't really low either, just wasn't at the "Max", really picky sensor? Either way it is fixed for now! I always thought that light was JUST for th e brake, guess I was wrong...

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
It can also come on sometimes if theres an electrical issue, particularly with the alternator or charging circuit, no idea why though.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, it appears to keep flashing, regardless of using the e-brake. The banjo's are dry, and the fluid is just under halfway. I will slightly fill, and see what happens....thanks for the tips!!

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts
I've found that with scoobies the reed switch is finicky, best to keep the fluid level just above the MAX to keep the light out.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,767 Posts
An early precursor of low fluid is when the light comes on briefly on a sharp turn or a sudden change in speed. Sloshing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts