Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Automatic CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Forester XT

My glove box has a bad rattle everytime I hit a bump. If I leave it open, it doesn't make the noise. All I have in it is the leather wrapped manual and a cloth. Nothing that I would expect to make a noise. I think the rattle is coming from the latch. I feel like if I put my finger over the lock and put pressure on it, the rattle stops. I have tried locking it, but it doesn't help.

Anyone have an idea?

·
Banned
2013 2.5x auto
268 Posts
I would try and see if there is an area where the glove box is hitting the surround. You might need to take the box out and put some adhesive weather stripping on the outside edges, (or where you think it might be hitting)
Or get 4 12's so you can't hear anything... Even after your don driving :Banane36:

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
It's pretty easy to pop out (to facilitate getting at the cabin air filter), so you should be able to give it a close inspection. By that, I mean a violent shake to localize the rattle once it's in your hands.

Those things are pretty flimsy, so I'd be worried that something broke off in the mechanism. Mine doesn't rattle, so there's at least hope of a fix.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Automatic CVT
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to report that I found the cause of the rattle! I took out the glove box and the surrounding trim. I found that the bottom right screw on the trim was loose. So I tightened it and did some tests and it went away. Thank goodness too because it was driving me crazy. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts