Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Ltd. CVT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to drive a 2019 Forester all day today as a loaner. My Ascent was molested by the garage door which tore the 'shark-fin' antenna off the roof. Ouch! The removal of the headliner for the repair work upset the Eyesight camera and after many attempts to calibrate it, the camera had to be replaced. All is well now. Comparing our 2014 Forester (still in the family) to the 2019, I can tell the Forester has evolved. My impression is that 2019 Forester and the 2019 Ascent feel like the same car, only one is obviously larger than the other. If we didn't need the extra space, I would definitely get a loaded Forester. The engine stop/start thing is off-putting and the first time the engine stopped in traffic was startling. I have driven the Impreza and Crosstrek before and after Global Platform and I also noted the remarkable improvement. I have also driven competing car brands that compare to each of the Subaru cars and each time it reinforces my preference for the Subaru. There may be a built in bias due to driving so many miles in a Subaru; it is familiar. Driving coast to coast during the winter months will shape your preference. It would be great if the Subaru was widely available in rental fleets.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
14 Posts
I fully agree the new Global Platform has really improved the Forester and it handles much better that our 15 Outback did. Also, the shorter wheelbase makes it much more manoeuvrable in parking lots.
Subaru could have made it perfect for most customers if they had included the 19 or 20 mm rear Sway Bar.

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
I upgraded the rear bar on our 98 and every one since. Someday they might get it.

Reactions: soobcrazy

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
That was an Outback bar and it was a bolt in. They are probably the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts