Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a can of Glanz wax prior to receiving my new Limited as I planned on getting a coat of something on the finish in between salt applications.

Car had been washed at dealer but didn't look too bad considering. Good enough to carefully apply a coating of protectant. Would have preferred a sealer but the time I had wouldn't allow it.

Here's my take on the product-

Easy to apply, even at 34 deg. I found that working it in a bit evens the coating out and makes removing easier.

Completely removed any crud and spots the dealer wash left even though it's not a cleaner.

I was only letting it dry 5 min. or less (hands starting to freeze lol) and it buffed right off. Shine was decent considering. No residue to deal with.

The good part was when done with the car I put a second coat on the hood. Wow! That second coat really brought out the depth and shine.

I will recommend Glanz for easy on easy off, supposed to last a few months, reasonably priced synthetic that gives decent results fast.

·
Registered
2014 forester cvt
109 Posts
You sound like me. I waxed mine the day I brought it home even though it was cold. If you put a couple of coats on a new car it is way easier to maintain than if you wait a few months for the first coat. By the way, never heard of Glanz but isnt any synthetic technically a sealer? I use Duragloss which is a sealer but they still call it a wax.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These salt happy road crews up here piss me off!
Glanz is made by Einzeidt in Germany. Looked at the can, it's polymer and carnuba. It'll do until spring....waxing is a good thing isn't it lol

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Standard
249 Posts
I use Turtle wax and buy the black box kit and lasts a year or too. I usually wax 2 to 4 times a year. Good stuff if you have a black or dark colored car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts