Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know jack about minis aside from the standard specs. I was trying to convince her to go with the John Works edition but she wants to have an S for as cheap as possible. Anything to lookout for? I think the 2010s come with an automatic but I was trying to get her a MT...and I am thinking the '09s that are leftover will be the best bet for pricing now. I was trying to convince her to get a Legacy GT or a new WRX 4door but not sure she likes those too much...still have to go test drive the three cars. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Go with S and the paddle shifting. You will want 2 hands on the wheel when flying through corners.
Truly the most fun car to drive.
A friend has one, convertible, and she leave's it with me when she goes away on trips........you know, to keep it running. :biggrin: It is certainly fun to drive. I often say when those times come around, "yea, you can drop the go kart off".

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
They are fun cars, I'd drive one. The suspension is really stiff, I mean REALLY stiff. I've driven an N/A manual when they first came out and an AT supercharged one, never driven the turbo'ed one. I've been in 2 turbocharged '09s at the track, they are very capable cars.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2008 2008 2.5i-2018 XT
13,268 Posts
Too many other reliable, servicable, cheaper, mechanically better, safer cars out there. This would be the last car I would buy and I wouldn't let the wife drive one...safety is high on my agenda..thats why I bought a Forester for the wife.

I could be wrong..It might be the best, most reliable, safest, durable, etc car on the planet.but I doubt it

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Its a bmw made fashion accessory. The last car I would want to buy someone. Very high running cost (high insurance, premium fuel, high maintenance costs etc). Why not look at something like a GTI if you want a FI hatch? I guess I just don't get how people buy cars for the sole reason that they "look cute".

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its a bmw made fashion accessory. The last car I would want to buy someone. Very high running cost (high insurance, premium fuel, high maintenance costs etc). Why not look at something like a GTI if you want a FI hatch? I guess I just don't get how people buy cars for the sole reason that they "look cute".
VW is chock full of issues. Everyone close that I know that owned one hated it and had tons of problems. Two even had to get rid of them right away.

I was trying to talk her into a subaru or infiniti but she just doesn't like the looks of them for her.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Is she looking to buy used? I think some of the older ones (like 03-04) had some major issues with the CVT transmissions.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts