Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LGT
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people would it take to get Subaru to put in the 6 speed into a new forester?

I would love to get another forester but the one BIG thing that holds me back is no 5/6 speed in the XT. I know that sale of the 5 speed XT didn't do well but if they would maybe let us add it if we wanted it.

I don't need a new car right now but in a year or two I will be needing to get a bigger car then the 04 FXT that I have now, and with no option of a manual XT I'm going to have to get something else. Still a Subaru b/c that is the only car that I want.

So I wanted to see how many other people here have the same felling? And ask your other subaru friends that don't have a Forester if they had one in a 5/6 speed if they would get one.

-Mark

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Yes, it's a big deal for me.
A short list:
Me: 04 Forester XT, waiting for Turbo diesel, MT only (will buy within 3-4 years)
Friend 1: 05 Leggy GT, likes new XT, no go without MT (will buy within 1 year)
Friend 2: 03 Impreza TS, does not likes new XT, no go without MT (will buy within 1 year)
Friend 3: 03 Forester XS, loves new XT, no go without MT (will buy within 3 years)
Friend 4: 05 Impreza OBS, loves new XT, no go without MT (will buy within 1 year)
Friend 5: 98 Jeep Cherokee, likes new XT, no go without MT (will buy within months)

MT is a deciding factor for 80% of the people I know. We live in a high elevation and mountainous area and a manual trans with a turbo is practically a necessity.

What I'm hearing from most of them is that if they can't get the new turbo and manual, they're going to look for a used model or another car company.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
How about a CVT with option of bump shift simulated shifts? Because that's what I bet the next transmission is in the Forester. Its already available in the Outback. Actually a CVT would be a good match for a turbo, instantly into the powerband and kept there, but admittedly not a great deal of fun.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,503 Posts
Glad the XT is still available in Australia as a 5 speed :woohoo: but a 6 speed would be even better. Subaru dropped the price of an XT by $2000 when the 09 model was released here even with the extra equipment but I would willingly pay the extra just to have the 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
The lack of an MT with a Turbo model was one of the major deciding factors on getting an 09 Outback instead of a 2010.

I simply won't purchase a non-MT if I can help it. Too much fun to have an MT.

Next car will have to be AWD, Turbo Diesel, and have an MT. No exceptions. Unless I get something more sports-car oriented, in which case an MT is the only real requirement.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5spd manual
62 Posts
i would jump on buying a new forester xt if it came with a manual transmission. that is the only thing holdin me back from purchasing one. i'm aiming towards a used 03-08 model now just cause of that.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
I'm definitely keeping a UK '10+ diesel import as an excellent idea. My next car will definitely be both Manual and Diesel....or electric if we get that far in life!

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
I'm definitely keeping a UK '10+ diesel import as an excellent idea. My next car will definitely be both Manual and Diesel....or electric if we get that far in life!
I'm lost on why you would have a UK import. You like RHD? :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts