Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah 60 is stock.. I know that 65 profile fits, but I was saying to myself that if I go with stock profile I have 1 lb less/wheel, and I have an accurate speedometer, and a little better road handling.

If I go with 65, I gain maybe 1/2" gain if not less in height.
I have a bigger sidewall so its better for off road..also more comfy/quite but this is my daily driver.. and I drive more road than off-road.. Off road is just weekends.

Any other advantages of the 65 profile you suggest?

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
We are unable to mail order Firestone products at this time but if you have a local Discount Tire in your area I recommend you check in with them as they should be able to special order a set in for you. Our local stores are also very good about matching online delivered prices.

Here's the link with our current mail order price on the 215/65-16 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S.

I hope this information helps. If we can be of further assistance please give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 or send us a pm.

-Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you know if you can fit 215/70/R16 on a 99 Forester S? Looking at the Geolander myself, and need some more ground clearance for sand driving this summer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will these bad boys (215/65-16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S) fit my 2009 Base X? I bought some Geolander AT/Revos for my wife's Pilot and they are AWESOME!!!

Thanks
Semper Fi

·
Registered
9,011 Posts
Will these bad boys (215/65-16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S) fit my 2009 Base X? I bought some Geolander AT/Revos for my wife's Pilot and they are AWESOME!!!

Thanks
Semper Fi
Thats the stock size, you could probably go even bigger. The 03+ can sometimes fit a 70, I'd bet the 09 could do it reliably as there is no rear spring perch to get in the way (maybe even bigger than 70? who knows).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, Elmy said the rear spring perch would get in the way and Funkymonkey said there is none. Is there? This is the 2009. Right now I have 215/65/16 stock Bridgestone Dueler (crap). I am basically looking for something that will give me max clearance and will do great in sand/dirt/rocks.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Ok, Elmy said the rear spring perch would get in the way and Funkymonkey said there is none. Is there? This is the 2009. Right now I have 215/65/16 stock Bridgestone Dueler (crap). I am basically looking for something that will give me max clearance and will do great in sand/dirt/rocks.

Semper Fi
I refer to the 99 model and even some of the SG models. The 09 I think can fit the 70 profil.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Do this tires come in a size that is similar to 225/55R17? Must be 17s
Although 225/55R17 is ideal, the Geolander ATS is not available in this size. It is available in both 215/60R17 (.4 inches taller than stock) and 225/60R17 (.9 inches taller than stock).

Here is a tire size calculator that can help you estimate the differences in size; Tire Size Calculator - Discount Tire Direct

Both of these sizes are approved for your stock wheels.

Yokohama Geolander ATS

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, I just looked at my first post because something did not make sense..I must have been on crack. I got my wife the Bridgestone Dueler AT/ Revo not Geolanders. I had the Yokohama's on my Tundra! Great tires

1 - 20 of 29 Posts